Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cargo net on buddy 50?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
Jackie103

2014 Buddy 50

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Cargo net on buddy 50? Reply with quote

Has anyone used a cargo net on a buddy 50? I need to hold an extra helmet but it doesn't seem possible to stretch the hooks so far if I wanted to put the net on the passenger seat. Also doesn't seem practical placing the net on the floor board...
Yalzin

2013 Stella "Donna Stella"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be able to hang the extra helmet from the helmet pegs under the seat, and then push it to the side.

Or, under the seat/in a rear trunk?

I don't see why a cargo net that can stretch that far won't work, though.
Quo Vadimus

Sunset Buddy 50, Kymco Super 8 150

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like maybe you have a teeny cargo net? I have placed things at least as big as a full face helmet on the passenger portion of the seat, on the optional rear-rack, and on the floor board (to be fair, floor board stuff was large charcoal/dog food bags - I just used regular straight bungees).

Assuming your pet carrier has other stuff in it, Yalzin's suggestion is probably your next best option. I never rode with a helmet hanging from the hooks, but I did full week's grocery trips with two bags hanging from each side, and the bags would stay nicely to the side of the scooter body, out of the way of your legs. I learned the hard way that that's not true for all scooters.

If it's going to be a permanent sort of thing, though, I'd look for a topcase. Easier to use, more security, more functional.

*If you haven't already, you may want to research your local laws. Some places do not allow two-up riding on a 50cc.
wheelbender6

Genuine Buddy 125

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent used a cargo net on my buddy. I did order one of these strap-on tail bags from Amazon for under $35. It strapped on pretty easy and it holds take-out dinner boxes pretty well.
http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Accessories-73727-MotoGear-Motorcycle/dp/B000RN04VU/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1446602640&sr=1-2&keywords=motorcycle+tail+bag

Jackie103

2014 Buddy 50

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: