Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buddy Fell Over :/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
sedakid1

2012 Buddy 50

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Buddy Fell Over :/ Reply with quote

So, I was driving my buddy down,helmet on, making right turn, and another car was making a wide right turn. We couldn't see each other coming due to a truck-bed, but I saw the car at the last second, and turned my handles hard, to take the fall instead of crashing. I was on a ramp, so my scooter was a little more and horizontal and gasoline was spilling all down the ramp, and on me. -_-
BUT! I'm fine, and as a precaution, I haven't turned it on since. But any suggestion on how to approach it, what could happen if i turn it on. When it was upright, nothing looked scraped or beat up, so it's lucky I broke the fall.
Thoughts?
casechopper

Buddy 50 & Agility 125

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did the gasoline end up leaking out? Was the lid on tight? Give it a couple hours to air out and make sure there isn't any liquid gasoline on yourself or the outside of the scooter. Then start it up in an open area.
ericalm
Site Admin

STELLA FOUR STROKE FURY! + Vespa LX 150/190 + '87 Honda Helix CN250

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're okay!

It won't blow up or anything. There are a couple places gas can get into and out of. But if it's been sitting upright for a while, you should be good to try to start it.

Start it up, let it idle for a while. If it stalls, you may have caused a vapor/vacuum lock by clogging the air system with gas. This will often work itself out if you run it, rev the gas a few times.

The other possibility is oil or gas flooding the air filter. This can be removed and cleaned or replaced.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: