lml/stella engine swap

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

dpciuppa

lml/stella engine swap

Post by dpciuppa »

I want to put a p200 engine into my Stella. Can I put the stella stator and flywheel on the p200 engine to solve any electrical wiring issues ?
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

It really depends on the year of your Stella. The '03-'05 Stellas use an external trigger coil that won't fit on the P200 case. The '07-'09 Stellas use an internal trigger coil mounted to the stator plate. This latter setup is similar to the Vespa T5 in plug type and CDI. While it my bolt on, you'll need to be mindful of the ignition timing. The ignition timing on the 125 and 150cc engines is 18 degreees BTDC, while the 200 cc engines used a setting of 23 degrees BTDC.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
viney266

Post by viney266 »

The later stella is slotted and you can get enough timing by elongating the slots slightly.

You can do a good 180 kit on a stella motor and get pretty close. jus' sayin :)
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

viney266 wrote:You can do a good 180 kit on a stella motor and get pretty close. jus' sayin :)
Toss in a 60mm stroker crank and a packing plate, and you're even closer. Plus, 2nd gear wheelies are kinda cool. :wink:
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...