Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lml/stella engine swap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
dpciuppa

Buddy Italia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: lml/stella engine swap Reply with quote

I want to put a p200 engine into my Stella. Can I put the stella stator and flywheel on the p200 engine to solve any electrical wiring issues ?
az_slynch

'18 Spade, '16 K-Pipe, '13 Stella 4T, '12 Yager GT200i, '81 Vespa P200e and Far Too Many Others

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really depends on the year of your Stella. The '03-'05 Stellas use an external trigger coil that won't fit on the P200 case. The '07-'09 Stellas use an internal trigger coil mounted to the stator plate. This latter setup is similar to the Vespa T5 in plug type and CDI. While it my bolt on, you'll need to be mindful of the ignition timing. The ignition timing on the 125 and 150cc engines is 18 degreees BTDC, while the 200 cc engines used a setting of 23 degrees BTDC.

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
viney266

genuine Stella

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The later stella is slotted and you can get enough timing by elongating the slots slightly.

You can do a good 180 kit on a stella motor and get pretty close. jus' sayin Smile

az_slynch

'18 Spade, '16 K-Pipe, '13 Stella 4T, '12 Yager GT200i, '81 Vespa P200e and Far Too Many Others

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

viney266 wrote:
You can do a good 180 kit on a stella motor and get pretty close. jus' sayin Smile

Toss in a 60mm stroker crank and a packing plate, and you're even closer. Plus, 2nd gear wheelies are kinda cool. Wink

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: