And then a part fell off?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Invisibleanomaly

And then a part fell off?

Post by Invisibleanomaly »

I've spent some time lurking around here while I got used to becoming a full time scooter rider, and was excited to post now that I feel like I have this scootering thing down! Then today I pulled up to park in my regular spot and found what could be a part to my scooter, or for all I know a piece to a blender. I am mortified to have to come here and have this be my first post, but here I am, mystery part in hand, asking for some help.
What is this thing? Is it mine? Am I about to experience some kind of catastrophic failure, or are you all laughing because it's actually something not scooter related at all?
Attachments
The mystery part
The mystery part
IMG_6980.JPG (43.17 KiB) Viewed 1982 times
Raputtak

Post by Raputtak »

Have you noticed any Daleks in the neighbourhood?
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Looks like part of a sprinkler system. I haven't seen a part that looks quite like that on a Buddy.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Invisibleanomaly

Raputtak wrote:Have you noticed any Daleks in the neighbourhood?
Ha! It was worth the humiliation just for this!
Stitch

Post by Stitch »

Part of a gas can?
"Stella" is Latin for "use threadlocker on all fasteners"
Invisibleanomaly

After looking all over, and asking around at work, it looks like it might really be a part of the sprinkler system! So I may look like an idiot, but at least nothing is seriously wrong! I was concerned as there's a driving school in our building and some kids were messing around and actually sitting on it when I walked out yesterday.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

I think sooner or later everyone around here looks like an idiot...after all...we are a bunch of scooter dorks!

Welcome to MB and a great first post!

My philosophy is that as far as scooters...ya ain't havin' fun 'till parts start falling off!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
laurfunkle

Post by laurfunkle »

Invisibleanomaly wrote:I was concerned as there's a driving school in our building and some kids were messing around and actually sitting on it when I walked out yesterday.
I used to work at a Starbucks across the street from a high school and UGH those darn kids were always flipping switches and pushing my poor Buddy's buttons. Don't know how many times my heart dropped when I couldn't get my scoot to start only to realize someone had flipped the engine kill switch! Ended up getting a disk lock/alarm to scare 'em a little bit! :twisted:
Invisibleanomaly

I have a screaming Xena alarm, but I haven't been using it while at work because I've been fortunate enough to park outside of my office window. I was in a meeting and couldn't see them, so I may need to go back to putting it on all of the time!
Thanks for all of the suggestions, and for being so nice about my ridiculous panic!
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I'm at an age where it's pretty normal for parts to be falling off...
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Invisibleanomaly wrote:
Raputtak wrote:Have you noticed any Daleks in the neighbourhood?
Ha! It was worth the humiliation just for this!
Welcome to Modern Buddy where the famously harsh initiation rituals frequently leave the unwary newcomer wondering exactly which side of the screen they are on in this Dr Who episode.

Seriously. Welcome to Modern Buddy.
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

babblefish wrote:I'm at an age where it's pretty normal for parts to be falling off...
I guess I can fess up to that. Riding to work this morning, came up on a coworker on his motorcycle and as I moved up beside him in the next lane I felt something hit the underside of my left lane as I was looking towards the right (where he was). I looked down and over and didn't see anything missing but knew it felt weird then I saw it - my insulated water cup full of ice and water was splashing water as the lid completely unscrewed, came up off the straw and jumped right off my scooter! Strangest thing. 30,000 miles and years of riding with the Corazzo coffee jackets and never, not once has a lid come off before! At least it wasn't a body part. hehe
Raputtak

Post by Raputtak »

My Hooligan is larger on the inside...
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Yep, thats from inside a lawn sprinkler. Probably blew out of it's can when they ran last time; had one do that at my house once.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

It looks like part of the "Gremlin-Detector-System" ("GDS"). You can replace it with a "Gremlin Bell" ("GB") or just leave well enough alone. :lol:
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Better to be safe than sorry :P
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

Raputtak wrote:My Hooligan is larger on the inside...
Bigger than this...
Attachments
Bigger On The Inside
Bigger On The Inside
Bigger On The Inside.jpg (195.74 KiB) Viewed 1837 times