wheel balance Hooligan

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ahorsewithnoname

wheel balance Hooligan

Post by ahorsewithnoname »

775 mi. new Hooligan with lots of vibration at 60 Hmph. Front wheel seems to shake the whole front end. Is windshield buffet a cause or front wheel balance? Anyone here balance a 12" front wheel?
Greatgrandpop, Thanks
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

On all of my scooters, I use Dynabeads or the generic stainless equal. For a 10" tire, it is 1 oz. There are plenty of videos on youtube showing how to get them into your tire. I use the shaft of a dremel tool to create enough vibration in order to make them move.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dyna-Beads-Whee ... 81&vxp=mtr
BeefSupreme

Post by BeefSupreme »

You probably lost a weight or they did a poor job initially balancing it when prepping. Did it vibrate when it was new new? I'd take it back to the place you purchased it from and have them rebalance it. I know it's not a warranty item, but something as simple as a wheel balance with so few miles should be done on good faith by the dealer.
avescoots1134

Post by avescoots1134 »

Hooligan wheels aren't balanced from the factory. Throw an oz of Dynabeads in it
Greyscoot

Post by Greyscoot »

Mine is the same way. Done it since new. Only shows up above 50 mph. Not sure if it is a wheel balance issue, or due to the stiff suspension.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

You could have your local dealer pull the front wheel and spin it on the balancer. Its a god quick thing to check, you could just have one way out.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?