The Hooligan

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Sailboat13

The Hooligan

Post by Sailboat13 »

Don't see much about the Hooli written here. I have one in Ohio and had to have the engine replaced. I like the scooter, but I have to tell ya, my little 150 in Fl. is running pretty good. I thought there would be more Hooligan owners showing up here.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

The Hooligan is relatively new and costs more than a Buddy, so they aren't as heavily represented here or on other forums.
-Do a search on this forum for the Hooligan. I know there is at least one long Hooligan thread in General Discussion.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

I've got one. I'm very pleased with all aspects of the bike. What happened to your engine?
KrispyKreme

Post by KrispyKreme »

Elder Scoot wrote:I've got one. I'm very pleased with all aspects of the bike. What happened to your engine?

I must say the GTS and Hooligan you have make a great pair.
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

KrispyKreme wrote:
Elder Scoot wrote:I've got one. I'm very pleased with all aspects of the bike. What happened to your engine?

I must say the GTS and Hooligan you have make a great pair.
They compliment each other in many ways. The Vespa is a racehorse. The Hooligan is a working cowboy's horse. For a long ride on a nice day the Vespa fills that niche. If it's a typical butter and eggs run in nasty weather - that's where the Hooligan shines.

I am fortunate to be able to have both.
Syd

Post by Syd »

I just saw a Hooligan this past weekend. Size-wise I'm impressed. didn't ride it (too cold), but if the performance is good this may turn into a second scoot.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

Syd wrote:I just saw a Hooligan this past weekend. Size-wise I'm impressed. didn't ride it (too cold), but if the performance is good this may turn into a second scoot.
I test-rode one this past summer. I really liked the size, although the floorboard felt oddly high to me. I only took it around a neighborhood, but it was a BLAST. If i were in the market for an urban assault scooter, this would be it. No competition.
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

ravenlore wrote:
Syd wrote:I just saw a Hooligan this past weekend. Size-wise I'm impressed. didn't ride it (too cold), but if the performance is good this may turn into a second scoot.
I test-rode one this past summer. I really liked the size, although the floorboard felt oddly high to me. I only took it around a neighborhood, but it was a BLAST. If i were in the market for an urban assault scooter, this would be it. No competition.
You're right about the floorboard. I think that is because the gasoline tank is located beneath the floorboard. You're also right about it being an assault scooter. If I had to get out of Dodge in a sticky situation I'd take the Hooligan.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Hmmmmmm...for hardcore traffic jamming it's hard to beat a Blur 220i
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
TVB

Post by TVB »

According to Hollywood, the appropriate bike for escaping an asteroid strike is the Yamaha XT225.