Pamplona red paint code for Buddy 150?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Xenahagton

Pamplona red paint code for Buddy 150?

Post by Xenahagton »

A 2009 Buddy 150 with only 1500 miles found its way into our garage last week. Such a nice little scooter!

A top case would be nice, but I can't find one anywhere, in any brand, painted Pamplona red. It appears that my only options are to either use a black one (which would substantially change the look, in my opinion) or get some Pamplona red and paint one myself. It's possible to get automotive paint loaded in a spray can if you can provide the paint code. Anyone here happen to know what it is?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Craig
Sunnyvale, CA
avescoots1134

Post by avescoots1134 »

Scooterworks is replacing the Soft Italia color matched top cases with another brand, they told me an ETA of as early as next week. Wait a little bit and you should be able to get one.
Xenahagton

Post by Xenahagton »

That's great! There's no particular rush, so a few weeks would be no problem. Thanks for the info.

Craig
Sunnyvale, CA
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

You will also find that most auto paint shops can give you matching paint by doing a color scan of a painted part of your scooter. Some shops are equipped to provide you a spray can(s) if you wish.
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

Craig, I just received an e-mail from Scooterworks advertising the 35L Soft Italia for sale with 30% off! Use Promo code: SOFT30 http://www.scooterworks.com/soft-italia ... pgbO7YrKUk
They appear to have Pamplona red!!!
Xenahagton

Post by Xenahagton »

Wow, you folks are the BEST! Thanks a million. Ordering tomorrow.

Craig
Sunnyvale, CA
Xenahagton

Post by Xenahagton »

Or should I wait until they get the new brand? The 30%-off Italia cases are being liquidated. The replacements will likely cost more, but these are not hugely expensive items so if they're substantially better...

Craig
Sunnyvale, CA
Yalzin

Post by Yalzin »

Xenahagton wrote:Or should I wait until they get the new brand? The 30%-off Italia cases are being liquidated. The replacements will likely cost more, but these are not hugely expensive items so if they're substantially better...

Craig
Sunnyvale, CA
I hope the replacements don't cost more, they are already pretty pricey as is...
avescoots1134

Post by avescoots1134 »

The replacements will actually cost less, I haven't seen one so I'm unsure of the quality or even the manufacturer. We've been having problems getting the soft italias for quite a while now so I assume enough was enough for Scooterworks. I'd get the soft italia while you can!
Xenahagton

Post by Xenahagton »

Yalzin wrote:I hope the replacements don't cost more, they are already pretty pricey as is...
I guess it's a matter of perspective, but $112 including mount kit and shipping for a 35-liter top box painted to match my wife's scooter doesn't seem too bad to me. If she thinks it makes her scooter look cuter, it's well worth it!

edit: I put in the order with Scooterworks. I hope they still have one in Pamplona. Thanks again for the hot tip on finding one.

Craig
Sunnyvale, CA
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

:)