Corazzo Bomber Jacket

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

gearhead

Corazzo Bomber Jacket

Post by gearhead »

Just got one on ebay for a good deal. Does anyone have one of these and is it texas summer friendly (90-100s degrees)? LOL :D
Draxdlh

Post by Draxdlh »

I use my bomber jacket for Arizona winter weather about 60 to 80 degrees. For summer 80 to 100 I go for a mesh jacket and for 100 up I am looking at a cooler vest. I’m too old to take the heat any more. :shock:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Unfortunately, no solid textile jacket is comfortable for most people for street riding at over 90 degrees.

I'll be sporting my Corazzo mesh at Amerivespa, I'm sure!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Dan Buddy

Post by Dan Buddy »

For summer riding I use a Tourmaster Daft jacket. Mesh with armor plus you don't look like a Power Ranger.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/ ... acket.aspx

I just picked up the optional liner for $50 over the weekend.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/ ... acket.aspx

Turns out it's really two liners in one. A wind breaker and an insulated liner. They can be used together or separately. Together they work well enough that I used them yesterday on 12mile 34f commute yesterday and I was plenty warm. So for $150 I am set for temps from the low thirties to the summer heat.
beeporama

Re: Corazzo Bomber Jacket

Post by beeporama »

gearhead wrote:Just got one on ebay for a good deal. Does anyone have one of these and is it texas summer friendly (90-100s degrees)? LOL :D
Corazzo has the Ventata for that kind of weather... I don't have one, although I've been mulling it over as a second summer jacket. (I'm currently riding with unarmored leather pretty much year-round.)
Silver Streak

Post by Silver Streak »

I now have three Corazzo jackets: a Bomber, a Speedway, and a silver Ventata.

Makes for great choices for coolish weather up through very hot.

Don't think I'd recommend the Bomber for Texas summers, though.
Dave

www.glyphukulele.com

"You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice."
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

man.. the bomber jacket looks pretty sick though. what about the leather 5.0? has anyone had any experience in riding with it during hot summers?
Vic

Post by Vic »

I can't speak to the kind of weather you get, but we get up in the 90s with high humidity days.

I can't say that I would suggest anything that is not mesh for hot weather. As Eric said, any textile (and I add leather) is going to be really hot for higher temps.

The idea behind mesh is that it lets the air go through and, more or less depending on other factors, reflects the sun so it does not hit your skin, I think it also helps to provide a place for moisture to collect (to some degree) which helps the body's natural efforts at evaporative cooling.

So, I suggest getting a mesh jacket for hot summer riding. I have a white and lavender one (they come in light colors for men as well, just not as pretty :wink: ) and I absolutely love it, I rode in temps that had my jacketless friends ready to pass out and I was perfectly comfortable.

-v
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

thanks for all the good info people!