Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just got a Stella 4T at NoHo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
Mike @ NoHo Scooters
Dealer

Selling Genuine, Kymco, SYM, and Vectrix in the City Of Angels

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Just got a Stella 4T at NoHo Reply with quote

We just got a new creme 4T Stella for promoting. Come by and check it out or wait for our BBQ on April 3rd.
www.nohoscooters.com

Named "Best Scooter Shop" by Los Angeles Magazine in their 2009 Best Of LA issue!

www.twitter.com/nohoscooters
www.facebook.com/nohoscooters
www.youtube.com/nohomike
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Len

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: newly delivered Stella 4-stroke Reply with quote

could you post a bunch of pictures so we can see more details, more close ups of the Engine etc?
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

2 - many

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ride it yet!!!????

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
JNV

Vespa P-200

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Stella Test Ride? Reply with quote

Has anylne ridden a 4t Stella? Does it feel off balance? How does that feel campared to a 2t Stella or Vespa?
Just curious. I can't wait for my local dealer to get one, and I hope they let me test ride it. I am seriously considering trading in my Buddy for one; or selling the Buddy to be able to afford one.
Anachronism

2008 Buddy 50 (70), 2009 Stella

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously doubt there will be a balance issue. On the 2T's it is not noticeable, except when stopped.

The 4t engine is what, 5 lbs heavier? Not an issue.

ericalm
Site Admin

STELLA FOUR STROKE FURY! + Vespa LX 150/190 + '87 Honda Helix CN250

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Stella Test Ride? Reply with quote

JNV wrote:
Has anylne ridden a 4t Stella? Does it feel off balance? How does that feel campared to a 2t Stella or Vespa?
Just curious. I can't wait for my local dealer to get one, and I hope they let me test ride it. I am seriously considering trading in my Buddy for one; or selling the Buddy to be able to afford one.

Mike has ridden it. From what I could tell talking to him it's super smooth and quiet. Pickup and acceleration are good. He told me he got it up to 55 before he got to a light.

People used to 2Ts seem to think it's a little slow, but I think that's partially due to it being quiet. I've seen it in action: it accelerates quite well.

ericalm
Site Admin

STELLA FOUR STROKE FURY! + Vespa LX 150/190 + '87 Honda Helix CN250

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few people got to ride it up at the SFSC event this weekend. Here's Oz's brief review:
Quote:
Shit yes, rode one at SFSC (thanks Barry!). it's... fun. A lot of fun. Sounds wrong, unexpectedly torquey, and just feels "good". WANT. REAL bad.

Since the cat's out of the bag and other people are riding them, I'll confess now that I've ridden one. A little. I need much more practice on a shifter, for sure. And I can't wait to get out on it again!

The one thing I can say is that it's not slow off the line. The torque is nice. It's probably faster than my kitted LX, though I have that tuned for high speed.

Skootz Kabootz

Genuine Buddy 150, Vespa GTS 300 Super Duper, Triumph Tiger 955i

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: Stella Test Ride? Reply with quote

ericalm wrote:
Mike has ridden it. From what I could tell talking to him it's super smooth and quiet. Pickup and acceleration are good. He told me he got it up to 55 before he got to a light.

People used to 2Ts seem to think it's a little slow, but I think that's partially due to it being quiet. I've seen it in action: it accelerates quite well.

I would imagine the new Stella will have a break-in period and like the other 150cc 4T's speed will improve. With my St. Tropez I gained nearly 20mph from brand new to fully broken in (about 1500 miles).

And yes, this is my first post in the Stella section. There goes the neighborhood...

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: