Genuine Photo/Video Contest

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Genuine Photo/Video Contest

Post by ericalm »

Genuine is having a photo contest! Win fabulous prizes!

Via their Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic ... 4911527717
Starts FEBRUARY 8th!

Genuine Scooters Weekly Photo Contest.
Enter a picture or a video and have a chance to win fun Genuine Scooters Prize(s).

Once a week we will be giving away a prize to one follower or fan who posts a picture of themselves (or a friend) with their Genuine scooter!
If entering by facebook you can leave the picture as a comment on The Genuine Scooter Company wall or under the Fan Photos, and twitter followers just @ us (genuinescootco) with a link or a twitpic!
Bonus points if you upload a video!
One entry a week per site (a max of two entries a week, one from twitter and one from facebook). The contest will run weekly from Monday to Monday. Prizes will be delegated for each week, eg: and will be determined by the winner chosen and their scooter model. We will choose our favorite picture from every week to be the winner!

Good luck and have fun!
So, yes, you need to be on Facebook or Twitter.
https://twitter.com/genuinescootco

If you enter, I'd love to see your entries re-posted here!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Ohh, fun. Now I have a new subject to shoot with my shiny new DSLR camera! :D
TVB

Re: Genuine Photo/Video Contest

Post by TVB »

ericalm wrote:So, yes, you need to be on Facebook or Twitter.
Never mind, then.

The internet has a perfectly good open-access non-proprietary message-and-file-delivery mechanism in place, and that's what I use. I'm not signing up with some data-mining and/or ad-delivery service I have no other use for just to send someone e-mail.

Yes, I am a grumpy old man. :P
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

TVB wrote:
Never mind, then.

The internet has a perfectly good open-access non-proprietary message-and-file-delivery mechanism in place, and that's what I use. I'm not signing up with some data-mining and/or ad-delivery service I have no other use for just to send someone e-mail.

+1 why can't we submit entries via email to the genuine site? absurd....I don't want you in my face, you twit.
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
scootertuner1000

Brattler 110 has been entered

Post by scootertuner1000 »

Brattler 110 has been entered.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Once a week we will be giving away a prize to one follower or fan who posts a picture of themselves (or a friend) with their Genuine scooter!
Let me get this straight, a human being has to be in the photo? Or maybe an animal counts as a friend? In other words no pictures of scooter only? :(
mr bill

Post by mr bill »

rsrider wrote:
TVB wrote:
Never mind, then.

+1 why can't we submit entries via email to the genuine site? absurd....I don't want you in my face, you twit.
Count me out also.

Cheers.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

For the uninitiated, here's how this works: Companies make promotional offers via social networks to encourage people to take part in them, become a fan, follow their feeds, etc. Companies can then use the networks to interact with their customer base and loyal following. In exchange, interested consumers get a chance at winning a prize and, as the relationship endures beyond the initial enticement, get to provide feedback and receive news and various other offers. For many on both sides, this is a good thing.

If, for whatever reason, anyone opts not to participate, they're certainly welcome not to. You won't win anything that way, of course…:P
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Genuine has a facebook account? Friended.

Guess this means I'll be lugging the collapsible tripod around, not that that's a bad thing. I'm bad about NOT taking pictures...hoping to change that habit.
TVB

Post by TVB »

ericalm wrote:For the uninitiated, here's how this works: Companies make promotional offers via social networks to encourage people to take part in them, become a fan, follow their feeds, etc. Companies can then use the networks to interact with their customer base and loyal following. In exchange, interested consumers get a chance at winning a prize and, as the relationship endures beyond the initial enticement, get to provide feedback and receive news and various other offers.
Thank you for explaining so well why I'm not participating. I get marketed at enough as it is.
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

ericalm wrote:For the uninitiated, here's how this works: Companies make promotional offers via social networks to encourage people to take part in them, become a fan, follow their feeds, etc. Companies can then use the networks to interact with their customer base and loyal following. In exchange, interested consumers get a chance at winning a prize and, as the relationship endures beyond the initial enticement, get to provide feedback and receive news and various other offers. For many on both sides, this is a good thing.

If, for whatever reason, anyone opts not to participate, they're certainly welcome not to. You won't win anything that way, of course…:P
One person wins, everyone else gets spammed, and spammed, and spammed. Not only from the initial company, but the unsuspecting will get hammered from affiliated companies or companies that the original company sold it's spam list to, and it goes on from there. I'm still getting spam from an email account that I haven't used since '97. good grief.....
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Actually Facebook will not send you spam. The only emails you will receive are updates of your "friends" status. If you don't add any friends, you won't get any emails. Except maybe people you know seeing you and asking to be your friend. There is probably a way to keep from receiving those messages as well in your settings... I dunno. :roll:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Sigh…

I've no interest in trying to convince anyone to use FB or Twitter. My point is simply this: you choose to use it or you don't. Your reasons, valid or not, are your own. I've heard it all before, as have many of us, and we don't need to rehash it all here.

The point is that this is a contest available to those who choose to participate. It would be no different than if we had a contest available only to registered MB members.
Nickie McNichols

Post by Nickie McNichols »

TVB wrote:
Never mind, then.

Me neither! I get too much email as it is.
TVB

Post by TVB »

ericalm wrote:I've no interest in trying to convince anyone to use FB or Twitter. My point is simply this: you choose to use it or you don't. Your reasons, valid or not, are your own. I've heard it all before, as have many of us, and we don't need to rehash it all here.
I commented because I thought feedback on the handling of this promotion might be welcome. (I guess that's only if you first agree to be Genuine's cyberfriend through their selected business partners.) If you don't want to know why I'm not participating, you can choose to read my comments or not to read them. But I'd appreciate it if you refrained from insulting comments like "your reasons, valid or not"; my reasons are valid for me... whether you respect them or not.
Last edited by TVB on Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

This thread is strong with the Buddy Love..... :lol:
Thadsgood

Post by Thadsgood »

I use Facebook to stay in touch with friends I already have. It may be pointless, but it's still fun. I have never been contacted via email or otherwise from facebook, unwanted or not. Now AOL, they were bastids.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

TVB wrote:
ericalm wrote:I've no interest in trying to convince anyone to use FB or Twitter. My point is simply this: you choose to use it or you don't. Your reasons, valid or not, are your own. I've heard it all before, as have many of us, and we don't need to rehash it all here.
I commented because I thought feedback on the handling of this promotion might be welcome. (I guess that's only if you first agree to be Genuine's cyberfriend through their selected business partners.) If you don't want to know why I'm not participating, you can choose to read my comments or not to read them. But I'd appreciate it if you refrained from insulting comments like "your reasons, valid or not"; my reasons are valid for me... whether you respect them or not.
No intended as an insult and not even directed at you specifically. The "valid or not" point wasn't to imply anyone's reasons are not valid but to prevent arguing about the use, value, and so on of Facebook and Twitter and all that other stuff from people on either side.
kschulz

Post by kschulz »

rsrider wrote:
TVB wrote:
Never mind, then.

Krusty has it right. The post by Genuine Scooter says "...If entering by facebook you can leave the picture as a comment on The Genuine Scooter Company wall or under the Fan Photos". This is actually very good for those wanting to participate without having to worry about being spammed since you're not giving them your email address. In fact, emailing entries leaves you far more open to getting spammed. No worries here...thanks for the post Eric :)
Kurt
My computer once beat me at chess. But it was no match for me at kick boxing.