V for Ventata: Corazzo Ventata Mesh Jacket Review

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JSharpPhoto

V for Ventata: Corazzo Ventata Mesh Jacket Review

Post by JSharpPhoto »

I tried to post this review in the Reviews section, but i guess a moderator has to move it there.

I am in no way affiliated with Corazzo.

I bought the Ventata mesh jacket from corazzo (through my local vespa shop) with my Christmas money. Holy Crap! this thing is awesome. Super comfortable, and with the velcro straps on the sides and arms, the fit is very custom. I ordered it blind, sort of. I had seen the photos online, but never seen one in person. The fit is true to the rest of the corazzo line. It's a slim enough profile that I can wear it UNDER my parka, for winter riding, without looking like a football player. The padding is terrific, everything you'd expect from the best scooter jacket company in the world. Plenty of reflective stripes, and the air flow is great. I bought it in black, even though I live in Texas, out of personal preference. (I think it looks better than the silver). Either way, it's awesome. After I got it, i noticed a set of zippers on the inside, that didn't connect to anything. I called corazzo, and they said they're designing a "universal liner" that will be quilted, and water proof.

So for anyone that lives in areas with both super-hot, and cold weather, with the Ventata, and the liner (our a parka) you only need to buy one jacket. I waited 2 years into my scootering to buy a jacket, because i couldn't decide which jacket to get. I'd be out of luck with only a 5.0, since i couldn't wear it 6 months out of the year, and all of the motorcycle brand mesh jackets were to bulky or power-rangery to go under a warm winter jacket.

I went on a night ride, and had my wife drive behind me in her car. She said that I was clearly visible from about a quarter mile back, in the dark of night. I think the visible distance was only limited by her headlights. These silver stripes glow white when light hits them.

if any of you have any questions, or would like to see close up shots of the jacket, let me know what you want to see, and i'll shoot them.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

JSharpPhoto wrote:I tried to post this review in the Reviews section, but i guess a moderator has to move it there.
Yup. It's to allow comments and feedback here. Can't remember why that was closed in Review section, ha. May change if I can't remember.

I own the Ventata as well and have worn it twice on days when it's gotten up to the 70s. Quality and fit are great. It actually fits much better than my Max thanks to adjustable straps.

The true test will come when it gets hot. I'm looking forward to taking it out in weather when I formally would have, um, stuffed my jacket under my seat because I was overheating.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
JSharpPhoto

Post by JSharpPhoto »

the ventata will be THE jacket to have at amerivespa. San Antonio is hot boys and girls. Don't forget to rejet.
paige

Post by paige »

I am confused. Why would you wear a mesh jacket under a warm winter jacket? Mesh is for summer. Warm (armored)(water resistant) jackets are for winter.
Dibber

Post by Dibber »

Can't seem to find it in their web site. What does this jacket look like and how much? If you wear an XL jacket then one should buy and XL?
Bart "This is the worst day of my life!" Homer "No it's the worst day so far!"
www.twincitiesrider.com
JSharpPhoto

Post by JSharpPhoto »

paige wrote:I am confused. Why would you wear a mesh jacket under a warm winter jacket? Mesh is for summer. Warm (armored)(water resistant) jackets are for winter.
because I can only afford to buy one jacket. ok with you, mr. rockafeller?
JSharpPhoto

Post by JSharpPhoto »

Dibber wrote:Can't seem to find it in their web site. What does this jacket look like and how much? If you wear an XL jacket then one should buy and XL?
It's not listed in the main section (haven't updated yet) but if you go to the online store, it's there. if you wear an XL in any other CORAZZO jacket, order an XL. Just because a Joe Rocket XL fits, doesn't mean this will.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

JSharpPhoto wrote:
paige wrote:I am confused. Why would you wear a mesh jacket under a warm winter jacket? Mesh is for summer. Warm (armored)(water resistant) jackets are for winter.
because I can only afford to buy one jacket. ok with you, mr. rockafeller?
That's Mrs. Rockefeller to you.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

I've done it too! Leather bomber jacket over a mesh jacket. Sometimes winter here only lasts a week or two.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Nice review- I'd really like to buy this jacket, but I have a mesh jacket that works just great. I need to leave it out to get stolen or something!!
rajron

Post by rajron »

Even though there is still snow on the ground I’m looking for a new lightweight jacket for spring just around the corner; and the Ventata has features I am looking for in a jacket.

JSharpPhoto, or Ericalm;
Or anyone, could you please take a picture of you in your new Ventata jacket? I would love to see it on a normal person, and not an anorexic model, and, there are no pockets mentioned as a feature, does this mean the Ventata jacket has no pockets?
Thanx in advance
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Not an anorexic model? Why… that's me! If you'd added "and needs a haircut" you'd have me nailed down. :)

The Ventata does have 2 zip pockets on each side. I'm guessing the universal liner will have an inside pocket, too.

(In the background: the dimly-lit Modern Buddy World Headquarters!)
rajron

Post by rajron »

You’re hired – great model and good hair – Modern Buddy headquarters, cool.
Thanx – the jacket looks great on you, good to know the jacket has pockets, and I’m getting one.
laxer

Post by laxer »

I've long wanted a Corazzo Shop Jacket, but the new postal jacket intrigues me, has anyone seen one up close and in person/thoughts?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

The Postale is kind of like the Shop Jacket, but a little more refined and upscale/urban looking. Similar shape, though I haven't compared them one-to-one.
solarpos

Post by solarpos »

So I received my Ventata today and I must say I am very impressed. However I am confused which way the shoulder armor fits. Should the long tapered end go down your arm or point towards your neck? Without the pads it wears like a lettermans jacket, sweet!
Syd

Post by Syd »

What about arm length? None of the jackets had sleeves nearly long enough for my ape-like arms, and I *hate* short long sleeves.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Roose Hurro

Post by Roose Hurro »

laxer wrote:I've long wanted a Corazzo Shop Jacket, but the new postal jacket intrigues me, has anyone seen one up close and in person/thoughts?
I was at the BBQ at the SF Scooter Centre last Saturday, and they had one in my size on the rack. Tried it out, really liked the pre-curved armor in the elbows, though it made it a bit difficult to insert my arms (shirt cuffs wanted to catch on the armor), but, once on, the jacket fit great, elbow and shoulder armor perfectly positioned... not to mention the standard back protector, something I always look for on a jacket. Only niggle was the slight discomfort due to the vest-style liner being a bit "loose" in relation to the rest of the jacket (only the zips on each side are holding it in place, lack of sleeves making it feel a bit odd). Thing I really liked? The $160 price! It's now definitely on my list of jackets, for when my time comes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
solarpos

Post by solarpos »

Syd wrote:What about arm length? None of the jackets had sleeves nearly long enough for my ape-like arms, and I *hate* short long sleeves.
I too have really long arms and the Ventata is just barely cutting it. It works, would be better with gauntlet gloves and not with my Icon pursuits but it's ok, everything else about the jacket is great. Now if I can figure out those pesky shoulder armor inserts.....
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

The shoulder armor should taper downward, if that makes sense. Caps at the top of the shoulder.
dwayneed

Post by dwayneed »

I don't recall if I put my 2c in on this coat. I haven't used it on the road yet but I do think that the wrists are too open even when velcroed down. I can envision a bee getting up a cuff while riding.... Other than that great coat!

I can see wearing it under a shell as an armor piece and on it's own during hot days... Certainly a great scoot coat to consider!
mtv

Question about fit

Post by mtv »

Hello,

I have a question about the fit of the Corazzo Ventata for the few people on here that have one already.

First of all, are there any ladies that have one? If so, how does it fit - specifically how does the fit compare to other Corazzo jackets made for women? For the guys that have one, how is the fit at the bottom of the jacket...is it any more generous than the other Corazzo jackets for men?

I ask because I am always suspect of a "unisex" item. Unisex to me means they didn't bother to make a version shaped for a woman's figure. I noticed the Ventata has adjustments on the sides, but it still looks like it might not work for us ladies with hips, which is the problem I have with most men's jackets. They never pass the "butt test."

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

BuddyRaton wrote:
I've done it too! Leather bomber jacket over a mesh jacket. Sometimes winter here only lasts a week or two.
Ditto. This winter I wore my Corazzo Shop Jacket underneath my Parka. Warmth of a Parka; protection of an armored jacket! Presto! Winter riding made easy!
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
Hipnerd

Re: Question about fit

Post by Hipnerd »

mtv wrote:Hello,

I have a question about the fit of the Corazzo Ventata for the few people on here that have one already.

First of all, are there any ladies that have one? If so, how does it fit - specifically how does the fit compare to other Corazzo jackets made for women? For the guys that have one, how is the fit at the bottom of the jacket...is it any more generous than the other Corazzo jackets for men?

I ask because I am always suspect of a "unisex" item. Unisex to me means they didn't bother to make a version shaped for a woman's figure. I noticed the Ventata has adjustments on the sides, but it still looks like it might not work for us ladies with hips, which is the problem I have with most men's jackets. They never pass the "butt test."

Thanks!
I just got mine, and I'd say that the jacket is designed to stop flush at the waist. You shouldn't have trouble with hips because it isn't designed to go down that far.

There are two strap adjustments on the sides. Unfortunately for me, I was more in need of letting the sides out rather than cinching them in, but I would think those straps would allow you to adjust the fit rather well.
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: Question about fit

Post by ericalm »

mtv wrote:Hello,

Thanks!
Yup, it's a pretty short summer jacket. Hits me right at waist; a shirt and most other jackets usually hang out of the Ventata.

Corazzo will probably give you precise measurements if you contact them.