Just got a Stella 4T at NoHo

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Mike @ NoHo Scooters
Dealer

Just got a Stella 4T at NoHo

Post by Mike @ NoHo Scooters »

We just got a new creme 4T Stella for promoting. Come by and check it out or wait for our BBQ on April 3rd.
Attachments
Uncrating the Stella 4T
Uncrating the Stella 4T
firststella.jpg (60.12 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
Mike Frankovich
NoHo Scooters
North Hollywood, CA
www.nohoscooters.com

Named "Best Scooter Shop" by Los Angeles Magazine in their 2009 Best Of LA issue!

www.twitter.com/nohoscooters
www.facebook.com/nohoscooters
www.youtube.com/nohomike
Len

newly delivered Stella 4-stroke

Post by Len »

could you post a bunch of pictures so we can see more details, more close ups of the Engine etc?
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Did you ride it yet!!!????
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
JNV

Stella Test Ride?

Post by JNV »

Has anylne ridden a 4t Stella? Does it feel off balance? How does that feel campared to a 2t Stella or Vespa?
Just curious. I can't wait for my local dealer to get one, and I hope they let me test ride it. I am seriously considering trading in my Buddy for one; or selling the Buddy to be able to afford one.
Anachronism

Post by Anachronism »

I seriously doubt there will be a balance issue. On the 2T's it is not noticeable, except when stopped.

The 4t engine is what, 5 lbs heavier? Not an issue.
Valves are for wussies.
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: Stella Test Ride?

Post by ericalm »

JNV wrote:Has anylne ridden a 4t Stella? Does it feel off balance? How does that feel campared to a 2t Stella or Vespa?
Just curious. I can't wait for my local dealer to get one, and I hope they let me test ride it. I am seriously considering trading in my Buddy for one; or selling the Buddy to be able to afford one.
Mike has ridden it. From what I could tell talking to him it's super smooth and quiet. Pickup and acceleration are good. He told me he got it up to 55 before he got to a light.

People used to 2Ts seem to think it's a little slow, but I think that's partially due to it being quiet. I've seen it in action: it accelerates quite well.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

A few people got to ride it up at the SFSC event this weekend. Here's Oz's brief review:
Shit yes, rode one at SFSC (thanks Barry!). it's... fun. A lot of fun. Sounds wrong, unexpectedly torquey, and just feels "good". WANT. REAL bad.
Since the cat's out of the bag and other people are riding them, I'll confess now that I've ridden one. A little. I need much more practice on a shifter, for sure. And I can't wait to get out on it again!

The one thing I can say is that it's not slow off the line. The torque is nice. It's probably faster than my kitted LX, though I have that tuned for high speed.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Skootz Kabootz

Re: Stella Test Ride?

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

ericalm wrote:Mike has ridden it. From what I could tell talking to him it's super smooth and quiet. Pickup and acceleration are good. He told me he got it up to 55 before he got to a light.

People used to 2Ts seem to think it's a little slow, but I think that's partially due to it being quiet. I've seen it in action: it accelerates quite well.
I would imagine the new Stella will have a break-in period and like the other 150cc 4T's speed will improve. With my St. Tropez I gained nearly 20mph from brand new to fully broken in (about 1500 miles).

And yes, this is my first post in the Stella section. There goes the neighborhood...

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |