Almost a scooter owner!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

scootermom

Almost a scooter owner!

Post by scootermom »

I usually lurk here, but I just HAD to share this bit of really good news:

I am totally jazzed....this morning I put down my deposit on a 2009 Tangerine Buddy 125. It still has to be ordered, and I need to take my motorcycle class, but I am FINALLY getting my scooter!!

It's my Christmas/40th birthday present to myself, and I am just. so. thrilled!

Now I have to shop for all the extra necessaries: riding jacket, gloves, scooter lock, etc...

YAAAAY!!!!! :mrgreen:
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

Good for you. When you get it, ride hard, ride safe. Enjoy and congrats.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Welcome and congrats!

Locks and security are very important, especially in RVA which had a scooter theft crime wave this year. At least three of our members got hit by it.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Nickie McNichols

Post by Nickie McNichols »

Congratulations. I keep hearing about how impressive the Genuine Buddy is. I don't personally know anyone who rides one, but I sure see a lot of them out and about. The dealer here is very nice, and very involved with the scooter community.
twoscoots

Post by twoscoots »

You have a riding buddy whenever you need one. We'll be so cute.

You can go get your MC learner's permit with just the written test - then you can ride with a licensed rider (me). Once you pass the class, you just take the paperwork into DMV and they hand you a new license.
scootermom

Post by scootermom »

Thanks, guys!

I'm looking forward to riding around Richmond with all the other scooter fans around here!

And twoscoots, oh yeah, we will definitely go riding! Just adorable, with our matching tangerine Buddys! I didn't know that about the learner's permit....might look into doing that!
myras_girls

Post by myras_girls »

Welcome to the club! I love riding my scooter more than I ever thought possible and I hope the same goes for you.
<a href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/killerbee ... b/">Killer Bees Scooter Club</a> Fort Collins, CO
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Awesome! Congrats!! It's always great to add another member to the Genuine ranks (and add a ModBud member as well!).

Can't wait to read the first ride report- it's a must around here, as soon as you stop grinning.

It's also great to see the words "motorcycle class," "riding jacket," and "gloves" in your post. We like safe riders 8) We like unsafe ones too, actually, but you know what I mean. :P
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Congratulations! I think I can speak on behalf of everyone here when I say that years later the scooting thrill remains the same. Enjoy every second!

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Congrats on the new scoot.

Ride happy
Ride safe
Ride healthy

Side note: I got myself my Buddy for a 49th birthday gift, it was the only but the BEST gift I got!!
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Congrats, Welcome, etc!!!!
Ride the heck out of that thing! Don't let a little "chill" keep you off of it.
I ride year-round in Denver (unless there is snow on the roads).
Rode today and it was about 30 degrees! (I was in San Diego last week and it was close to 80!. I didn't wish I was on my scooter though; those whackos drive even faster than when I moved away in '95!)
Just dress appropriately and it's no problem.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
scootermom

Post by scootermom »

:D

I plan to ride in the cold, as long as the roads are safe and snow and ice free. I'm pretty cold-tolerant.
Got word yesterday that my scoot is on it's way to Richmond, so I should have it this time next week! Woohoo!!

I'll be sure to post pics (of me riding around the neighborhood because I can't take a class til January :roll: )

Chris
:helmet:
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

CONGRATULATIONS! and welcome to the scooter scene :D
ericz
Dealer

congrats

Post by ericz »

Congratulations!!! You are one of us now! :clap:
Eric Z
Ducati Seattle