Stella 4T video

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Stella 4T video

Post by ericalm »

Okay, not a Stella but an LML Star. Same thing.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw ... oli018.flv">

More pics here.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Anachronism

Post by Anachronism »

That's freaking LOUD.

I like how he almost clipped the motorcycle taking off.

Is it prototype or production?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

They say the it's as loud as the 2T, but with a lower tone.

Here's the interesting part:
I don't think my crap camera microphone helped but yes it is different to the 2t inasmuch as its is about the same volume (has passed max drive by volume test) but a much lower tone so it can give the impression of loudness. That version was carubrated with a standard muffler box, the one we will get will be injected with a better setup. The 125-150-200 will be avaialbe next year, the 250 jota engine as a spare part. They won't stick it in a scooter presently as they are nervous over sales figures. suck it and see. All of them have a longer wheelbase though for stability.
2T STILL TO BE MADE UNTIL 2012.
in 2011 the 4t will be available with cvt transmission
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
scooterjon
Banned

Post by scooterjon »

Wow this thread has not gotten any attention. Is there any interest in this vehicle? Also what is taking the carb test sooooo long?

Jon

:yawn:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

scooterjon wrote:Wow this thread has not gotten any attention. Is there any interest in this vehicle? Also what is taking the carb test sooooo long?

Jon

:yawn:
Probably because I put it in the Stella forum. not General Discussions.

There's a LOT of interest in the 4T Stella.

As far as CARB—they just take forever. We still don't have the Symba here! That's why Genuine was smart to send the Stella to CARB so far in advance of its debut next year.
scooterjon
Banned

Post by scooterjon »

Really :? from the looks of things it seems rather dry. Seems like a decent scoot however if it anything like the Bajai Chetak count me out. To many issue with the Bajaj

Jon
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

scooterjon wrote:Really :? from the looks of things it seems rather dry. Seems like a decent scoot however if it anything like the Bajai Chetak count me out. To many issue with the Bajaj.
This is a frequent refrain in discussions of the 4T Stella. Thing is, this isn't a Bajaj! Genuine has been working on this for years now and was pretty committed to bringing a really good scooter to the US. I know earlier versions from LML didn't meet their performance expectations so were rejected. This is really something totally new and different, not just a 4T crammed into the back of a P clone.

It obviously won't perform the same as the 2T but may have other advantages. I'm hoping for different but as good.
laxer

Post by laxer »

ericalm wrote:They say the it's as loud as the 2T, but with a lower tone.

I don't think my crap camera microphone helped but yes it is different to the 2t inasmuch as its is about the same volume (has passed max drive by volume test) but a much lower tone so it can give the impression of loudness. That version was carubrated with a standard muffler box, the one we will get will be injected with a better setup. The 125-150-200 will be avaialbe next year, the 250 jota engine as a spare part. They won't stick it in a scooter presently as they are nervous over sales figures. suck it and see. All of them have a longer wheelbase though for stability.
Wow, so all these people joking about "it should come in 150, 200, 250, in 4t and 2t, auto and manual, hahaha" weren't that far off. I would buy a Stella now if I had the scratch, but the possibility of a 250? Craziness, wonder how that would stack up against Genuine's new super vintage styled cruiser.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

laxer wrote:
ericalm wrote:They say the it's as loud as the 2T, but with a lower tone.

Wow, so all these people joking about "it should come in 150, 200, 250, in 4t and 2t, auto and manual, hahaha" weren't that far off. I would buy a Stella now if I had the scratch, but the possibility of a 250? Craziness, wonder how that would stack up against Genuine's new super vintage styled cruiser.
Who knows if we'll ever see those versions here… or if LML is even going to make them? The guy who originally posted that info says he got it from LML, but that still doesn't mean it's reliable. Piaggio/Vespa is coming back to India next year and Honda is stepping up its production so that may mean LML will be introducing more models to compete.
Norm

Post by Norm »

The UK distributor who made that video is apparently expecting a 4T demonstrator to be available at his shop next month (November)...
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

ericalm wrote:
scooterjon wrote:Really :? from the looks of things it seems rather dry. Seems like a decent scoot however if it anything like the Bajai Chetak count me out. To many issue with the Bajaj.
This is a frequent refrain in discussions of the 4T Stella. Thing is, this isn't a Bajaj!
I'm interested in hearing about your troubles with your Bajaj's. Tell me about them and maybe I can help. I have a grey market 2002 Legend that is supposed to be one of the worst and I've had pretty good luck with it (until recently - http://www.examiner.com/x-3223-Detroit- ... own-part-3 ) and a lot of people I know are pretty happy with their "curry tractors". Elegant, they ain't but torque is a wonderful thing.

I can't wait for the 4t Stella as well. One should always get another scooter.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Rippinyarn wrote:
ericalm wrote:
This is a frequent refrain in discussions of the 4T Stella. Thing is, this isn't a Bajaj!
I'm interested in hearing about your troubles with your Bajaj's. Tell me about them and maybe I can help. I have a grey market 2002 Legend that is supposed to be one of the worst and I've had pretty good luck with it (until recently - http://www.examiner.com/x-3223-Detroit- ... own-part-3 ) and a lot of people I know are pretty happy with their "curry tractors". Elegant, they ain't but torque is a wonderful thing.

I can't wait for the 4t Stella as well. One should always get another scooter.
Whether earned or not, the 150cc 4T Bajaj scoots somehow gained a negative rep in the US over the years. They come up every time the 4T Stella is discussed.

The most frequent complaint I hear about them is that they're slow. There's some truth to this. The ones I've ridden with didn't have a lot off the line and had a top speed of about 55mph. A number of people have told me the later years that were sold here had a lot of quality problems—cheap parts, poor electrical. I can't really speak to how accurate that may be.