{NBR} Super 8 150 Reviews?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Quo Vadimus

{NBR} Super 8 150 Reviews?

Post by Quo Vadimus »

There were a few 'first thought' reviews at the beginning of the season - anyone have some extended experience with one now?
sbacon

I love my Buddy 150!

Post by sbacon »

I LOVE my Buddy 150. Sure, it's my first and I have nothing to compare it to, but I love it. Great ride, cute as heck (baby blue) and super reliable. I ride it to work most days.
tjupille

Post by tjupille »

My wife sold her buddy and got a Super 8 150 back in June. About 800 miles so far. Fit/finish are on a par with the Buddy. No mechanical problems.

Despite being a 150, it feels slower than the Buddy, both on takeoff and in top speed. We never calibrated either speedo, but I could get up to 60 bmph on the Buddy; only about 56 kmph (kymco miles per hour) on the Super 8.

The biggest difference is in the handling. With the 14" wheels, the Super 8 is more stable at speed and handles potholes and road imperfections more gracefully.

The Super 8 is bigger, and is actually (to our eyes) nicer looking (once we took most of the garish stickers off! -- the blue/yellow color scheme is loud enough as is, thank you!). Ironically, it has less (as in "very little") underseat storage.

As to which is better, that's a matter of taste. If I had to make a value judgement, I'd say the Super 8 is a better suburban bike, while the Buddy is a better city bike.

-- Tom Jupille
Tenchi

Had mine for five months....

Post by Tenchi »

After 800 miles, it got noticeably faster and had a higher top end. It's been up to 64 Kymco miles per hour. I've had a couple problems with it, the battery croaked a couple of weeks ago, and the instrument pod had to be replaced because it fogged over and you couldn't read the gauges. Seems to be a common problem with the Super 8 150. The inside of the plastic over seemed almost as though it was chemically etched. The suspension was super stiff at the beginning, but has softened up considerably. Handles well with the 14 inch tires, but not as maneuverable as some of the shorter wheel based and smaller tired scoot.