Stella Headlight

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

cmac

Stella Headlight

Post by cmac »

Do you guys ride with the highbeams on at night or use the lows?
I was thinking about using highbeams all the time for night use so that people can see me better and just angle them down a bit more to get better visual on the road surface, its pointing a little high to be really useful for anything else besides lighting up the backside of cars.

Also, how high do you fill up the gasoline in your tank? I left about 2 inches from the top of the tank to the fuel level but how high is too high?

Noob question, I didn't really try to mess around too much with this. But what is everyone's way of turning quickly to avoid an obstacle per say. On a motorcycle all I would do is press the handlebars and countersteer the bike but on the Stella its not as responsive at all. Is it just because of the scooter design or is it a technique issue?

I think that is it for now thanks everyone! :D
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

well if you aim your headlight lower then you wont be able to see as far even with the brights on
the bulb is a 35/35 bulb so it puts out the same amount of light in high as low its just how it is refracted
if it is aimed too low and a cop stops you at night more then likely it will be 2 tickets one for failure to dim your brights and the other becasue you head light wasnt shining far enough forward on the road

heck as for handeling on the stella i still counter steer and it seems to work just fine i just needs a bit more input
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
verdecalavera

Post by verdecalavera »

my high beam cuts out when i shift, i get the light back by cutting it back to low beam. so i basically just ride with the low beam all of the time. anyone else had that problem? i know theres supposed to be a pinched wire or something and i've been told that i can eliminate the problem by drimmeling out part of the passage for all of the wires which apparently is a tight fit.
kh4130

Post by kh4130 »

From what I read in NC DMV it was High beams during the day and Regular/Low at night. I hate when people blind me with highs at night...
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

verdecalavera wrote:my high beam cuts out when i shift, i get the light back by cutting it back to low beam. so i basically just ride with the low beam all of the time. anyone else had that problem? i know theres supposed to be a pinched wire or something and i've been told that i can eliminate the problem by drimmeling out part of the passage for all of the wires which apparently is a tight fit.
ok i had the same thing with my lights some times i would even loose low in 4th gear
take the head set off and the high/low beam switch off make sure all the wires are tight at the high/low beam switch
then follow the wires into the head set and you will see a conector for the lights scarp it and use bulliet conectors to hold the wires together and you should be good to go
but if its still under warranty take it in and let your dealer get paid by genuin for there crappy wireing
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
verdecalavera

Post by verdecalavera »

cheers
Frankie 2 Tone

Post by Frankie 2 Tone »

If your headlight is cutting out during shifting, get it fixed! As for the brightness factor...I changed to the PIAA ultrabright bulb, it is awesome! And no, it will not melt the casing. I also counter steer, it works pretty well for me............I hope this helps.
Kickin' it hard to the Rock Steady Beat!!!!!!!!
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

I use the high beam at night. YMMV here, seeing as I can't realistically conceive of any cop in downtown Philadelphia stopping me for trying to be MORE visible at night. It's not like the stock bulb poses a blinding hazard.
ModBud #442