It's Home!

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

DennisD

It's Home!

Post by DennisD »

Picked up my new 2008 Stella last night and rode it home. This is a completely different riding experience from the modern scooters I have been riding for years. I decided on the way home that I was going to have to spend some time in parking lots adjusting to this beast. Right now I just don't feel secure in my handling skills with this one. I didn't stall at any lights on the way though. :D It had 6 miles on it when I picked it up, 14 when I got home. Can't wait to get that first 1,000. 8)
cmac

Post by cmac »

I'll beat you to that 1k! :lol:
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

No fair, you only have one scoot to keep running. :P
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

Congrats
laxer

Post by laxer »

:needpics:
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Congrats guys! I'm getting used to mine too, I rode it to work for the first time today and I was all excited that I hadn't stalled out. Then on the way home for lunch just now I stalled at a light cuz I thought I could pick back up into 2nd, but I didn't give it enough gas I guess. I tried to kick it while I was still sitting on it, but it didn't work, so I jumped off and tried and it was stiff and not working at first. As all that is happening I'm saying "I'm going to die I'm going to die" out loud. :lol: I pushed it over closer to the curb and waved people by then started back up and was on my way.

So Dennis are you working tomorrow, maybe we could all practice somewhere. Cmac is there normally a lot of traffic in your subdivision? that might be a good place...
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Yep, in the morning. Then off to DeFuniak to bring back canoes.
Right now I have to get some pictures. Looks like someone above is organizing a protest. :P
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

laxer wrote::needpics:
Here's a couple for now. Getting dark, batteries low, no flash. Sheesh! Oh, the pressure I am under! :lol:

laxer

Post by laxer »

Orange, great choice! Now just get a legshield mirror and take off those Mickey Mouse ears! It looks so pretty!
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

laxer wrote:Orange, great choice! Now just get a legshield mirror and take off those Mickey Mouse ears! It looks so pretty!
Thank you!

Is mirror vibration less with the legshield mirror?
iwabj

Post by iwabj »

oops
Last edited by iwabj on Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Wow, Dennis your garage is very nicely organized! Scoot looks good!
cmac

Post by cmac »

Here is mine. :D

cmac

Post by cmac »

KRUSTYburger wrote:So Dennis are you working tomorrow, maybe we could all practice somewhere. Cmac is there normally a lot of traffic in your subdivision? that might be a good place...
No there isn't really any traffic hardly at all. My neighborhood is semi-big and there is a church with a fairly good size parking lot that is always abandon right down the road. OH AND! there is this cool back road behind the airport that has some good turns which is also not busy :)
laxer

Post by laxer »

DennisD wrote:
laxer wrote:Orange, great choice! Now just get a legshield mirror and take off those Mickey Mouse ears! It looks so pretty!
Thank you!

Is mirror vibration less with the legshield mirror?
I actually have no idea, but to quote my most favoritest quotable movie, why do I suggest you do it? "I dunno, cause it's super bad-ass..."

And Cmac, I love the baby blue, I always wanted to get one and black out the wheels and the chrome.
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

CMAC, you must live close to me. Is the church Trinity Presbyterian on Bayou?
I did the back airport road yesterday. The long straight in the middle was fun, but as usual the turn at the other end by the viewing park was full of sand. Careful.

I like the blue. And you've got inside storage with something for the scoot to read during those oh so few rotten days. :cry:

The Stella seat is more like a peice of carved granite. Something is going to have to be done with that. The Buddy and Helix seats have me spoiled.
cmac

Post by cmac »

Yeah I hate the chrome, blacking out the chrome is on my list trust me :)
cmac

Post by cmac »

DennisD wrote:CMAC, you must live close to me. Is the church Trinity Presbyterian on Bayou?
Wow you made this post like 2 minutes ago weird.
Uhm, I live over by Scenic Heights Elementary. I was talking about the church on spanish by the vet hospital. I dont know what its called.
It has a decent size big U shaped parking lot
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

cmac wrote:
DennisD wrote:CMAC, you must live close to me. Is the church Trinity Presbyterian on Bayou?
Wow you made this post like 2 minutes ago weird.
Uhm, I live over by Scenic Heights Elementary. I was talking about the church on spanish by the vet hospital. I dont know what its called.
It has a decent size big U shaped parking lot
Know it well. My MIL lives on Summer, one block over from the school. I'm on the other side of Summit.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

This is awesome! All of it, awesome! :D
ModBud #442
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

FOUND PRACTICE PLACE! HEY CMAC!
Just got back from a 9 miler on this frigid Florida night. I swear the temps must already be in the mid 50s. BRRRR!! Its almost 10pm and I was riding down Summit and turned into the Vickery Center. This was after a round of Spanish and the Airport back road. Anyway, when I rode past the Vickery Center and the ball fields I realized that the ball field parking lots are HUGE and empty. They're pretty well lit, no barriers other than the narrowing to two lanes from one lot to another. Great for practicing turns, stops, wheelies and maybe a superman. :shock: The biggest surprise of all was that the parking lots were CLEAN. I don't know if the city has them vacuumed or what, but they were great. Give it a shot, I think you'll like it. Just don't go on Saturday. Millions of little ball players out then. Probably best at night during the week after all the mess has been cleaned up.

By the way, the pressure is on you now. My Stella has 29 miles on her! :clap:

If this weather doesn't change I might have to put her away until spring. That's on the weekends isn't it? :lol:
Ms_Kady

Post by Ms_Kady »

Goodness gracious...how many scooters do you have?? :shock: Congrats on your newest addition to your collection! :D
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Ms_Kady wrote:Goodness gracious...how many scooters do you have?? :shock: Congrats on your newest addition to your collection! :D
Too many. Gotta get rid of something. My wife doesn't complain because the scooters are better than whiskey and cigarettes. 8)

I think the Hondas are going to get sold. Tough to let go. :(