Single Saddle And Buddy Seat

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

sodapop

Single Saddle And Buddy Seat

Post by sodapop »

Has anyone installed a single saddle and a buddy seat on their Stella scoot?
Any feedback, positive or negative, would be appreciated. Thanks
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I've asked that very same question on this forum with little response. I have seen it done before and it looks good with the saddle.
I'd like to get one on my P200 if the stock springy seat wasn't so darn comfy!!! I see you already asked on the Stella Speed forum,
they should be more likely to show you some examples. Modern Vespa probably has a few threads about it since the P series
bodies are so similar. One reason I wouldn't necessarily want one on a Stella is because the way the cowls lock on, you don't
really want that exposed where it could possibly get snagged on something and come flying off! :shock:
easy

Post by easy »

i am sure i read somewhere they set higher and someone saying they dont wrk to good for extra tall people cant scoot back enough
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Oddly, I've seen this on a few Bajaj Chetaks. Should work on the Stella; I just don't know anyone who's done it. I'm thinking about it for my future Stella, though.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
JSharpPhoto

Post by JSharpPhoto »

i've seen several P200's with saddle seats. I have them on my sprint v. I LOVE IT. not only does it look terrific, it's also much more comfortable. The spring is adjustable, which makes for a truly custom suspension.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

ericalm wrote:Oddly, I've seen this on a few Bajaj Chetaks. Should work on the Stella; I just don't know anyone who's done it. I'm thinking about it for my future Stella, though.
I've ridden a Bajaj with that setup. AWEFUL for a tall person! The bike was nearly unrideable for me. A month later when it's owner let me ride it again with the original bench on it, it was a much better ride.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Comfort issues aside, these seats provide everyone with access to your gas and oil tanks and your cowl locks.