What do you love about your Stella

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Howardr

What do you love about your Stella

Post by Howardr »

So, I recently got an '07 Stella. It runs great, rides smooth, but I find myself in negative comparisons to my Buddy. I don't want to be dis-satisfied with the Stella, so I'm wondering what YOU love about your Stella. I want to start looking for the positives so that I don't see the negatives so much.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
Kurt
Dealer

Post by Kurt »

Sometimes I just want to shift for myself!

It's great for picking up chicks! (There's plenty of room on the seat, too!)

And I love the accessories, especially the sidecar. 8)
<a href="http://urbanvillagescooters.com">Urban Village Scooters</a>
700 South Clinton Ave.
Rochester, NY 14620
585-643-5540
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

well lets see i love the looks of her wide whites with the advacado and black rack and decrhromed what could be better looking plus the looks i get and the double takes that people do driving and riding down the road

i love the fact that its a 2 stroke and that it may need a bit of tinkering but it is still a great daily rider 1300 miles in the 3 1/2 weeks i have had her

the farkel you can get for it is great too scooter works just needs to get me the black cowel guards and bumper my dealer ordered for me

whats not to love about shifting
Last edited by jmkjr72 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

I've had my Stella for three years now. It was love at first sight, and I love her even more now. I love the looks, the sound (especially with Sito+), the shift and even the smell. I love the solidity of the all-steel construction, and I love the admiring remarks and the questions that always seem to occur when and wherever I park. Most of all, I love the steadiness of the ride, and the feeling of continuity with a time-honored tradition; Stella is an old-school scooter, proudly and without apology.
hairball

Post by hairball »

I have a buddy & stella, I like stella's style and acceleration (Sito+ & jetting has been a great up grade)

Both have their benefits, Ride what you like.

Buddy is a simple twist and go and does everything well.

Stella has a bit of an learning curve to ride comfortably, After a couple hundred miles you will settle right in and ride like you have owned it for years.
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

the attention is great we rode to an event this weekend that had lots of bikes there but what was getting hte attention the stella with the side car
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
murmur

Post by murmur »

Look man, If you need people to tell you what to like about your bike then maybe a Stella is not for you. I am not trying to be a dick, but not everyone gets it, just like I don't get a twist and go. If you like your Buddy then ride the hell out of it and enjoy it for what it is. Don't look back; you gave it a shot and it wasn't for you. There is nothing wrong with that.
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Did you ever meet someone or get something that you weren't sure that you liked at first? Then somebody pointed out one or more features or traits that you hadn't yet noticed, then you said to yourself, "You know, they're right." Then you appreciated that person or thing more?
That has happened to me, more often about people than things.
I want to give my Stella a chance. I was just hoping that some people who have ridden them for a while would be able to point out some less obvious, yet endearing qualities.
One thing I have figured out and got reinforced tonight. You stay drier on a Stella than a Buddy. That leg shield is much more effective on the Stella. A corollary to that is that I will probably stay a tad bit warmer this winter, since there is far less wind on my legs than on the Buddy.
Another thing, when I love something, I enjoy telling people about it and what I love about it. I want them to feel my passion. I preach the "scooter gospel" everywhere I go. So, help me "get it."

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
verdecalavera

Post by verdecalavera »

I've had my stella for about a month. I replaced my stolen buddy italia with it. I think once I got comfortable with shifting to the point where I rarely killed it when getting started from a stop in traffic, I started to enjoy it, and stopped comparing it to the buddy. in fact they are as you know apples and oranges. I love the feel of shifting, and the weight of the bike. And, you have to love the way it looks. Sure it's slower, but i think that adds to the appeal for me, it makes me feel like i am riding around in a classic car. To me you can ask yourself, if you have a fully restored '65 mustang and a brand new '09 mustang in front of you, you can have one, what do you choose? visually, i'd choose the sexy '65. in terms of modern convenience, speed, maintenance, etc, you'd probably choose the '09. in the end, it all becomes a matter of preference, your preference, it is what it is. it probably won't change until you get comfortable riding the stella. and by this it may take parking the buddy for a month, this way it gets less fresh on your mind. you'll definitely turn more heads on the stella. as for the '65 mustang analogy, if you offered me a brand new '09 for trade-in on my old '65, I'd tell you that you must be insane.

I'd say ride that Stella, get comfortable, take it to a place where people congregate on Saturday morning, an outdoor market, etc. Watch people walk up to you and ask questions? Watch old men walk up to you and tell you how sharp it looks, and tell you that they used to ride a Cushman. Watch your pride and ego balloon a bit. If your not smiling by then, repeat it next weekend.