Added NCY exhaust, feels like I'm bottoming out??

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Xsolusx

Added NCY exhaust, feels like I'm bottoming out??

Post by Xsolusx »

Just put on am ncy exhaust and when I hit a bump or something the back end feels like I'm bottoming out or hitting something? It's like a harsh vibration almost?

I can't see any place it could be rubbing? Also seems like the exhaust moves when the suspension is pushed down but I would assume my eyes are playing tricks on me because that just doesn't seem right? That mount should be stationary yeah?
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

The mount is stationary and so is the exhaust. Nothing moves. Are you sure you bolted it all together in the correct spots?
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Pictures would be nice. Something smaller than billboard sized preferred...
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Xsolusx

Post by Xsolusx »

babblefish wrote:Pictures would be nice. Something smaller than billboard sized preferred...
lol

yeah its all bolted up correctly. Its kinda freaking me out, it literally feels like im bottoming out. I can feel a vibration under my feet or when I take off hard.

Its pretty confusing. Is it possible to bolt it up incorrectly? I dont see how haha but maybe?
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

First thing take a look at your center stand, does it still have the rubber bumper on it, and the is spring is tight enough to hold it up when you are riding. Then check that the center stand isn't hitting the exhaust.

In the picture the red arrows point to the bolts and nuts that hold the exhaust on, the yellow is for the bolt that holds the fender down.

One last thing you could try is to loosen all the bolts and nuts up 1-2 turns then give the exhaust a little shake to help it settle into place, then starting with the two nuts that hold the pipe to the engine re-tighten everything.
Xsolusx

Post by Xsolusx »

Looks like the top mount bolt sheared off. However it's still solid everywhere. Hahah this is driving me crazy. I can't for the life of me figure out this problem.
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

Xsolusx wrote:Looks like the top mount bolt sheared off. However it's still solid everywhere. Hahah this is driving me crazy. I can't for the life of me figure out this problem.
Get another bolt and see if the problem continues.
Xsolusx

Post by Xsolusx »

Lol wellllll.... I just went to put on my lock and used my flashlight and look what I see... hahaha I have ridden abkut 100 miles like this. Yikes!
Syd

Post by Syd »

How many leftover nuts did you have? :lol:
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Xsolusx

Post by Xsolusx »

Does that bolt look small? The top bolt is much bigger. I'm going to the hardware store right now to see if I can find some stainless bolts.
Xsolusx

Post by Xsolusx »

Turns out I was bottoming out because ei was bottoming out haha. Adjusted the pre-load and that's gone. Im kinda relieved because between the misadjusted shock and hard tire pressure I was thinking my blackjack handles like shit lol. User error!