Kick-Start your 4th using leg power only

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mojobuddy70cc
Banned

Kick-Start your 4th using leg power only

Post by mojobuddy70cc »

,since i read the post this a.m. about how many pilots don`t kick-start, i was
really appauled. i do it all the time, 2 kicks max, brake and throttle, jack stand of course.,, but i made a point of not using my starter all day.,
so that meant 4 starts, but i`m gonna do it all w/end, ( i did hit the starter once and stopped)
,,but kicking gives me an idea about my compression, i mean it`s not a harley,,, so save your starter on those short trips and your battery too,.
and think of all the calories you`ll burn.,,,,or get your kids to try, they`ll love it.

,,*also the dollar tree has american flags, i`m going to fix one on each mirror for my rides all w/end. i love my country because it`s free
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

YEAH AMERICA!!! U S A ! U S A !

Since it is a free country I will use my freedom of speech to say that you cannot tell me what to do with my legs. :P

Just kidding... I like this idea. however it takes me a really long time to get mine to kick, the blasted thing always jams and then hurts my ankle. yeah, I'm probably not doing it right, but I have tried it every possible way I can think of. Even a friend of mine who is majorly into scooters and kick-starts his Vespa everyday it took him like 5 minutes to kick mine over. Then he was like "now I get it, there's a trick" so he shut it off and tried it again and it took him almost as long... I'm going out try it summore right now.
Buddy_wannabe

Re: Kick-Start your 4th using leg power only

Post by Buddy_wannabe »

mojobuddy70cc wrote:....., i do it all the time, 2 kicks max, brake and throttle, jack stand of course.,,

You dont need to brake when kicking
I wasn't born... so much as I fell out . : The Clash
TVB

Re: Kick-Start your 4th using leg power only

Post by TVB »

Buddy_wannabe wrote:You dont need to brake when kicking
True, but it's not a bad idea, in case the bike tips off the center stand.
purromaniac

Post by purromaniac »

Do you alternate legs when kick-starting? I wouldn't want one buff leg and the other flabby! :shock:

I stand at the back of my Buddy, hold onto the topcase mount, and kick forward. It's the only way I've been able to do it, but it works every time.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

i thought you did have to brake when starrting. maybe only for me. the pmx wont start unless the right brake lever is held.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

bigbropgo wrote:i thought you did have to brake when starrting. maybe only for me. the pmx wont start unless the right brake lever is held.
No, the Buddy will kick start w/o a brake being held. This is not true for the electric starter- for that you need to hold a brake.
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

doh... you are correct. i forgot about that. i guess i just hold it that way to start anyway.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR