How long should my battery hold a charge?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

seaweede

How long should my battery hold a charge?

Post by seaweede »

I"m going on vacation and am wondering how long a battery will keep it's charge? When do I need to put it on a trickle? It's a Buddy 50.
A_Hunter

Post by A_Hunter »

It depends on a few things. The age of the battery and it over all condition. Go ahead on place it on a tender. That way there will be no big worries.
seaweede

Post by seaweede »

It's brand new and I'm only going for about a week...
A_Hunter wrote:It depends on a few things. The age of the battery and it over all condition. Go ahead on place it on a tender. That way there will be no big worries.
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

you will be just fine.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

You should be fine for a week. My scoot, purchased in late January, sat for about 2-3 weeks in March without being cranked. Started up just fine. :)
Buddy_wannabe

Re: How long should my battery hold a charge?

Post by Buddy_wannabe »

seaweede wrote:I"m going on vacation and am wondering how long a battery will keep it's charge? When do I need to put it on a trickle? It's a Buddy 50.
I have had my 50 for 2 years and have never had it on a charger. Even when it sat for a couple months in the winter in a non-heated garage.
I wasn't born... so much as I fell out . : The Clash