Scooterworks Yard Sale

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Kaos

Scooterworks Yard Sale

Post by Kaos »

Just a heads up for everyone,

Scooterworks is having a yard sale on their scratch and dent items.

Its IN PERSON cash only all sales final, so if you're in Chicago(Wish I was for that) this should be an awesome event.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

So
Not
Fair
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Lostmycage wrote:So
Not
Fair
Yeah, tell me about it. I'd love to find a scratch and dent 161cc kit ;)
Angela

Post by Angela »

too bad my friends just left there
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

SO NOT FAIR!

i would love to find me some scratch n dent prima exhaust!! 8)
Dean F

Post by Dean F »

Gee, I think it's fair! Guess where I am going?
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

Dean F wrote:Gee, I think it's fair! Guess where I am going?
hey! you hush! :lol:
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

To be perfectly honest, I actually already have a "scratch and dent" item. Turns out that they has a Blur Prima exhaust that I got a rather decent deal on. Granted, it's got a slight blemish on it, but it does the job. But it still doesn't make up for not being able to go there in person. There's just something about yard sales....
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
CiaoItalia

Post by CiaoItalia »

Looks like I'll be taking a little trip south on the 17th...maybe I'll even take the scoot 8)
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

r0sa wrote:SO NOT FAIR!

i would love to find me some scratch n dent prima exhaust!! 8)
I'll just sell you mine and buy a new one :lol:
Tomboy.for.Equality

Post by Tomboy.for.Equality »

When is this yard sale you speak of happening (hmmm thinking about friends familiar with my scoot who live in Chicago )
Dean F

Post by Dean F »

Scooterworks Yard Sale!!! Sunday 5/17/09
ONE DAY ONLY! HUGE SAVINGS!

We're moving our warehouse and everything that's dinged, dented, scratched or missing hardware...heck, even some items that are perfectly fine can be yours for a song.

No reasonable offers will be refused. Purchases are strictly cash and carry.

No checks or credit cards will be accepted. CASH ONLY!
abstraxion

Post by abstraxion »

This will be in true Scooterworks fashion, so they will not be answering any questions about any merchandise at this event.
kayd888

scooterworks yardsale

Post by kayd888 »

i'm looking for the rubber label that goes around the key hole for a 2006 buddy 125. I cant find that part out here in orange county, ca. If someone finds one at the yard sale, please get it for me, i will send you a check or money order.
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

for those of you that are going, let us know what you bought!
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

ok i'll let you know what i find and buy
Dean F

Post by Dean F »

The new parts warehouse is at Grand Avenue and California Avenue in Chicago, which puts it about three to four miles away from the showroom and service department. So what that means to the Chicago people is that we won't be able to walk in and pick up a new"whatever" unless they decide to open a "will call" counter at the warehouse. They haven't told their employees exactly how it is going to work yet. We may be able to pick up simple maintainence items, ie. batteries, oil filters, air filters, etc. at the showroom-service facility. I'll try to find out more on the 17th.
Ed Hit

Post by Ed Hit »

I live a mile north of there... And will be out of town on Sunday. :cry:

Do you all think I HAVE to go to my sister in laws wedding? :(
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

Ed Hit wrote: Do you all think I HAVE to go to my sister in laws wedding? :(
SHAME on you!!

:rofl:
Dean F

Post by Dean F »

Do you all think I HAVE to go to my sister in laws wedding?
Come on now! You have to go for at least one drink!
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

Ed Hit wrote:I live a mile north of there... And will be out of town on Sunday. :cry:

Do you all think I HAVE to go to my sister in laws wedding? :(
yeah at least show up then hit up the yard sale
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

gearhead wrote:ok i'll let you know what i find and buy

are you inviting me to go too?! :(

better not go without me :P
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

r0sa wrote:

lol we can go on your buddy and rack up some miles
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

gearhead wrote:
r0sa wrote:

yeah! and what about jenny?

hmmm, we can strap her onto the rear rack or something! :rofl:
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

r0sa wrote:
gearhead wrote:
r0sa wrote:

yeah! and what about jenny?

hmmm, we can strap her onto the rear rack or something! :rofl:
or she can sit on the floor board :D
Buddy_wannabe

Post by Buddy_wannabe »

Ed Hit wrote:....... Do you all think I HAVE to go to my sister in laws wedding? :(
uhhhh ... Your sister in laws wedding? Wouldn't that already make her married to your brother? ( or in some states I guess could be married to your sister :wink: ) or am I missing some thing?
I wasn't born... so much as I fell out . : The Clash
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Buddy_wannabe wrote:uhhhh ... Your sister in laws wedding? Wouldn't that already make her married to your brother? ( or in some states I guess could be married to your sister :wink: ) or am I missing some thing?
Probably husband's sister right? not brother's wife. :lol:
Ed Hit

Post by Ed Hit »

KRUSTYburger wrote:
Buddy_wannabe wrote:uhhhh ... Your sister in laws wedding? Wouldn't that already make her married to your brother? ( or in some states I guess could be married to your sister :wink: ) or am I missing some thing?
Probably husband's sister right? not brother's wife. :lol:

Actually my Wifes sister. In Kentucky though, so I have heard it is one of those kind of states! :P

Had better be a good wedding, I will have to stop watching this thread when people post what they got!
Dean F

Post by Dean F »

Ok, here it is. I got there at 10:15 (ran into construction) and there was a dealer there grabbing everything in sight! He grabbed all of the Corazzo jackets and clothing he could see. I grabbed a set of Prima saddle bags that was in a crushed box for $25. There were hundreds of racks, both front and rear, mostly chrome but some in black. About 6 top cases that were mostly black, some Vespa, some Genuine ( one in sea foam), it seemed that the outer cartons were crushed or missing. A whole bunch of windshields long and short. A side car. A bunch of battery tenders, carbs, Prima pipes that they weren't sure what kind of scoot they were for. Front baskets and rear baskets. A used Rattler. It seemed things were going for 15 to 20 cents on the dollar. If I were a scooter guru, I probably would have grabbed more stuff. I just hope they have another when they finish organizing all that is left. I'll be sure to be there when they open!
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I had the same experience, got there 15 minutes late and those guys had already picked everything over and were hoarding a stack of stuff in the middle of the courtyard and yelling at anyone that looked at it or touched it.

That's totally fine, they beat me there, but they sure as hell better have paid for *all* that stuff. If they just hoarded it all until everyone left then picked through it and decided what to keep, they suck, and they defeated the point of the sale. If they bought it all, fair enough, I've got no problem with it.

The selection was actually pretty surprising, a lot of stuff for P-series/Stella, a bit of Buddy and modern vespa stuff, even some complete (but dented) VBB-style frames, and a lot of odds and ends, but there just wasn't much left after those guys got to it.

All I ended up buying was a spare Blur horncover. Just because when you see something for a Blur, you buy it, ha.

Those weren't corazzo jackets, btw, they were the red Prima Pullmans, probably prototypes or something:
http://www.scooterworks.com/1_Prima_Pul ... _P9746.cfm
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

illnoise wrote:I had the same experience, got there 15 minutes late and those guys had already picked everything over and were hoarding a stack of stuff in the middle of the courtyard and yelling at anyone that looked at it or touched it.

That's totally fine, they beat me there, but they sure as hell better have paid for *all* that stuff. If they just hoarded it all until everyone left then picked through it and decided what to keep, they suck, and they defeated the point of the sale. If they bought it all, fair enough, I've got no problem with it.

The selection was actually pretty surprising, a lot of stuff for P-series/Stella, a bit of Buddy and modern vespa stuff, even some complete (but dented) VBB-style frames, and a lot of odds and ends, but there just wasn't much left after those guys got to it.

All I ended up buying was a spare Blur horncover. Just because when you see something for a Blur, you buy it, ha.

Those weren't corazzo jackets, btw, they were the red Prima Pullmans, probably prototypes or something:
http://www.scooterworks.com/1_Prima_Pul ... _P9746.cfm
They had VBB frames??? Man I wish I could have been there!
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Kaos wrote:They had VBB frames??? Man I wish I could have been there!
They *did,* they were a little mangled-looking (the one I got a good look at had a totally mashed-in horncast) but it was just neat to see a new unpainted VBB frame. Scooterworks sells those "vintage" "restored" VBBs and Sprints, but from what I can tell, they're getting new frames from somewhere (india?) and dropping Stella engines in 'em.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

illnoise wrote:
Kaos wrote:They had VBB frames??? Man I wish I could have been there!
They *did,* they were a little mangled-looking (the one I got a good look at had a totally mashed-in horncast) but it was just neat to see a new unpainted VBB frame. Scooterworks sells those "vintage" "restored" VBBs and Sprints, but from what I can tell, they're getting new frames from somewhere (india?) and dropping Stella engines in 'em.

Bb.
Interesting. I knew they were sticking LML engines in them, but I didn't realize the frames were new as well. Thats cool though, as it means you can buy a brand new VBB or Sprint :)
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Lucky me was in Chicago for a conference and stayed a few extra days as I've never been there before. It's a terrific city...I really couldn't get over how friggin' nice everybody is. Even though I live in Providence and have been here quite a while, I'm still a New Yorker at heart and caught myself a few times (stop being so sullen and suspicious and talk to this friendly person).

That said, I got to the shop around 11am (the bus ride was long and I had to have coffee before getting on the bus). The guys were super-nice (shout out to Randall!). There were 3 Italian guys there picking up everything (including the body parts)...they had two pick-ups and a minivan jammed with stuff, including every seat for a P (which was the real reason I went to the sale).

The Italian guys were a bit overbearing (haggle anyone?), but I got to talk to one of them privately when I went inside to use the ladies' room. As we stood in the warehouse looking at all the Buddys and Sentos and a few vintage bikes, he told me how he moved to Chicago in 1990 and wished he had landed somewhere warmer so he could ride year-round. I told him I ride year-round in New England; he could, too...but I do think the winters majorly suck in Chicago (if the guy at the pizza joint felt sitting outside to eat in 57 degrees was "a perfect night" in mid-May, then there's no way I could handle the winters).

What I got:
  • rear crash bars for the Lammy (major score as who woulda thunk Scooterworks would have Lammy stuff?)
    front fender guard for the P (although the fender no longer needs guarding after 30 years of abuse)
    one legshield clamp mirror for the Lammy
    one stadium mirror (for the P? for the Lammy?)
    one Buddy mirror (left side) cos they're crappy and break and cost a lot more than I paid
    and...drumroll please...one brand new Prima pipe for my Buddy
I really went looking for a seat for the P and a windshield for the Buddy. But I had told myself, if they have pipes, well, just maybe. Randall took me over to his Italia that had the pipe and revved it. He also said those magic words: 5 mph on the top. "Sold" yelled the deer to the hunter.

Getting the stuff home was, *ahem*, interesting. I put the mirrors in my carry-on, which did NOT get me pulled out of line for a handsearch in the airport so I've absolutely no faith in the detection equipment or personnel. I wrapped up the exhaust, the crash bars and the bumper in a Prima box with some dirty clothes and checked that through.

The word "installation" is on the list for this weekend.

Bb, I must have just missed you. I really liked the Andersonville neighborhood; very tranquil.

Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

ahhh andersonville, funny as it sounds I'm in Florida now and i'd give anything for a Chicago winter, to be able to gear up and ride, with your breath freezing to your face, ahh fond memories. I used to live off of winnemac and clark, and Andersonville is the hippest swedish, mexican,lesbian, african, and don't forget yuppie nieghborhoods in the city. If I still lived there I'd be like 5 mins from scooterworks. Not a 40 mile ride to my dealer......some day..... :cry:
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
Rokky

Re: Scooterworks Yard Sale

Post by Rokky »

Kaos wrote:Just a heads up for everyone,

Scooterworks is having a yard sale on their scratch and dent items.

Its IN PERSON cash only all sales final, so if you're in Chicago(Wish I was for that) this should be an awesome event.
I'm waiting for the yard sale on scooters. :)
SCOOT3R

Post by SCOOT3R »

aww man.. I must missed events. I wish I can go there. Unfortunately I live in calif. :(

I hope you did enjoy at scooter saleyard and meet new faces..