Yayyyy

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Jackiemancini

Yayyyy

Post by Jackiemancini »

So my Italia was totaled, and I finally FINALLY was able to get a new scooter yesterday-- a powder blue stella!

I love her, and I'm not riding her everywhere yet because I've never ridden manual before and I still have some kinks to work out in my shifting, but I love love LOVE her!

I had a friend with lots of manual experience ride her home from Scoot Richmond last night and I kept looking in the rearview mirror at him and being jealous.

A year ago when I bought my Italia what I really wanted was a Stella, but they didn't make them at that point because of the factory strike. Without knowing it, the jerkoff who stole my scooter gave me what I really wanted, so there!
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Congrats! I think I saw you guys heading off as we were pulling in to take a look at some gear. I'm glad it all worked out for you.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
Jackiemancini

Post by Jackiemancini »

Thanks! I didn't see you, are you in scooter club? I think i wanna start going on rides, once I'm really good on manual.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

I was in my Accord. My wife and I were out running errands and there was the (failed) weather forecast for rain so it seemed easier. I took her down there to see the horribly ugly new backpack that they got in, the Mil Spec Icon bag... basically a safety vest and backpack combined with a lot of thought into the layout of it. It's a bit pricey, but the functionality damn near sold me on it. I was trying to justify the price to my wife, lol.

I'm not really in the scooter club, but we did go on the ride this past Sunday. That was a blast! I might try to make it out this week, if nothing comes up. But then again, I've been teaching my wife how to ride the Buddy since it's hers now, so we're likely to just do that thursday eve, weather permitting.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.