The Stellas

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

pleasefeedthedog

The Stellas

Post by pleasefeedthedog »

. . . I'd don't see much here on them. Is that because there aren't as many of them on the road like the Blur and Rattler? I guess automatics really is the way of the future :(

Dog
BadBrains

Post by BadBrains »

I'm guessing most Stella owners are posting over at the Stella Speed Forums:

http://forums.stellaspeed.com/
pleasefeedthedog

Post by pleasefeedthedog »

Thanks BB
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

I'm guessing that Modern Buddy pretty much means what it says. The Blurs and Rattlers have found a home here due to their close pedigree to the Buddy. Stellas are great scoots in their own right but have little in common with the Buddy except the same importer. As BadBrains says, StellaSpeed seems to be the popular Stella bulletin board though you certainly see some postings by Stella owners here, on Modern Vespa, and on other boards.
Legend

Re: The Stellas

Post by Legend »

pleasefeedthedog wrote:. . . I'd don't see much here on them. Is that because there aren't as many of them on the road like the Blur and Rattler? I guess automatics really is the way of the future :(

Dog
I own a Stella and am going to buy my girl a Buddy soon. I lurk and very seldom post though. lurking is a daily habit...well, mulitple times a day.

Buy a Stella. Classic looks, great power. Look for a full review from me soon. I have had her for 45 days and have 1500 miles on her.
"I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it. "
Steve Irwin
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Dooglas wrote:I'm guessing that Modern Buddy pretty much means what it says. The Blurs and Rattlers have found a home here due to their close pedigree to the Buddy. Stellas are great scoots in their own right but have little in common with the Buddy except the same importer. As BadBrains says, StellaSpeed seems to be the popular Stella bulletin board though you certainly see some postings by Stella owners here, on Modern Vespa, and on other boards.
Those are the exact reasons why we don't have a separate Stella forum here. I love the Stella and will buy one when they come for sale in CA.

There are a lot of Stella owners on the forum, though. Some are ex-Buddy owners. Some never owned a Buddy.

Of course, if some of the crazy rumors I've heard about a possible new Stella for late '08 or '09 are true, we may revisit this topic...
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…