Upgraded from 50 to 125

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Dan Buddy

Upgraded from 50 to 125

Post by Dan Buddy »

After Picking up my Stella this week my wife has a "need for speed" so we picked up a new left over 2006 Buddy 125 from the local dealer. I knew there would be a difference but wow! That pink thing just hauls ass. Now I know what you 125 riders are talking about. I can see some speeding tickets in her future.
:D
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

The 125 is actually faster than the stella, most people get 50-55mph on their stella, while people can get 60-65 on their buddy. I think the buddy being plastic and being alot lighter is the reason, but if I could choose styling, the stella wins hands down.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I have heard of Stellas throwin' some serious dust like 65mph. I think it was someone on this forum... maybe? Nope, it was EPSP Sufferingbastard's Stella. He made few mods tho.

the main photo is gone, but that's one good looking scoot.
http://epsp.us/viewtopic.php?t=153
Dan Buddy

Post by Dan Buddy »

I would say her Buddy is currently faster than my Stella and I wouldn’t be surprised if it stays that way. Still breaking in both so I haven't pushed either to hard. Her Buddy jumped out to about 60 in a short run when I was verifying the windshield wasn't rubbing on anything and it felt like it could have gone a tab but faster. The Stella has only made it up to 55 so far and there wasn’t much left in her but I have heard they take 500 to 1000 to really break in. Overall I am very pleased with both of them. They are very different rides but both are enjoyable.