buddy 125 seat

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

freddieman

buddy 125 seat

Post by freddieman »

does the lowered seat you buy for buddy 125 give a better riding position or is it only for shorter riders?
THANKS fred
eggsalad

Post by eggsalad »

Help me (us) understand what you mean by "better riding position".

I'm fairly certain the the primary design intent of the low seat was to make shorter riders reach the floorboards (or the road, at a stop) more comfortably/easily.

It may be possible to make an argument that a shorter seat *might* put more of the rider's body out of the airflow, leading to slight, possibly even theoretical, increase in top speed.

It may also be possible to make an argument that the low seat reduces the center of gravity of the bike/rider combination. A lower center of gravity generally leads to better handling in turns and corners. Is lowering the center of gravity going to make a *noticeable* improvement on handling? Again, it seems more theoretical than real in real-world situations.

If you can be seated comfortably in a normal-height seat, you might feel cramped and uncomfortable in a low seat. An uncomfortable rider can not ride at "the top of their game".
freddieman

buddy 125 seat

Post by freddieman »

thanks that helps me greatly thank you for your re quick reply!

Fred