Sold my Buddy 170i

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

GregsBuddy

Sold my Buddy 170i

Post by GregsBuddy »

I sold and delivered my Buddy 170i to a gent in San Francisco that has been to this site.
The CL price was quite low and there were many responses, however the gent that bought it is a moto guy and understands the quality of Taiwanese products. He noted the suspension updates made to the scoot' and was attracted by them and price.
I'm down to one scoot'now; a 2009 Yamaha TMAX 500. I love this maxi and have ridden it 16K miles in the last 16 months and am still enjoying it. I suggest the TMAX to anyone who wants a maxi with terrific handling and strong smooth power.
'09 Yamaha TMAX Large sport scoot.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

The Tmax is a serious ride. (you've forgotten to update your scooter stable in your profile)
GregsBuddy

Post by GregsBuddy »

Updated my profile.
I was looking at Craigslist in PDX yesterday. There's a bumper crop of attractive rides up there at the moment. I'll be up to see friends and family in a couple of weeks. Hope it's dry.
eggsalad

Post by eggsalad »

The Yamaha SMAX and Honda PCX150 were at the top of my short list when I was shopping. But then along came a Buddy 150 at a price too good to pass up, even though it wasn't on my list at all.

Even though I practically stole the Buddy, I kind of wish I had held out for something with bigger tires. I find my Buddy to be particularly bad on rough roads, which many of them are around here.
ucandoit

Post by ucandoit »

I checked out some videos of the Yamaha SMAX. It looks like a very good scooter for my son, who says my Buddy 125 is too small; he's thinking of getting a small motorcycle, but this Yamaha has plenty of power and speed. I keep wondering what larger 13" wheels would be like. I'm too cautious to go 60 mph for very long on a scooter.
GregsBuddy

Post by GregsBuddy »

I'm looking at the SMAX and Burgman 200.
The SMAX has a flat floor which is great for utility.
The Burgman is a large step up from the SMAX but doesn't have a flat floor.
I'm leaning toward the Burgman because it's really a big step up overall and I'll learn to use the very large underseat storage for utility purposes.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

GregsBuddy wrote:Updated my profile.
I meant that thing over on the left underneath your location. Not that it really matters, but I was just commenting.

(I started to say "under your avatar", then I noticed that nobody but me on this thread even has an avatar. :wink: )
GregsBuddy

Post by GregsBuddy »

Done!
If/when, Genuine brings a water cooled, four valve scoot' with 12"+ wheels, I'll be very interested in returning to the fold.
Until then, chao baby!
Tdollarhyde

Post by Tdollarhyde »

eggsalad wrote:The Yamaha SMAX and Honda PCX150 were at the top of my short list when I was shopping. But then along came a Buddy 150 at a price too good to pass up, even though it wasn't on my list at all.

Even though I practically stole the Buddy, I kind of wish I had held out for something with bigger tires. I find my Buddy to be particularly bad on rough roads, which many of them are around here.
Mind me asking what you paid?
eggsalad

Post by eggsalad »

I don't mind at all! Happy to boast!

I paid $800. The scooter, given age, condition, and mileage, should have sold for at least a grand, maybe $1200, maybe more!
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

Dooglas wrote: (I started to say "under your avatar", then I noticed that nobody but me on this thread even has an avatar. :wink: )
I fixed the glitch. :wink: