SR Road Exhaust and De-Restriction

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

whereshaldo

SR Road Exhaust and De-Restriction

Post by whereshaldo »

I just added an SR Road Exhaust, P200 air filter, and changed out some jets and I have to say its as if I have an entirely new bike. First of all it now [i]sounds[/i] like an old Vespa, but its also now fast and responsive. Gone is the feeling of having a rev-limiter beyond mid throttle, it now pulls and pulls and pulls. Like others have commented, I feel like I gained 5-8 MPH more (at least), but more so, its turned first through third into the true city gears and 4th now feels like an overdrive.

I bought everything from Dave at Scooter Mercato, who was very helpful on the phone with some general advice and reason and even suggested the SR Road over the Sip Road 2, which even saved me a little change.

I'm now waiting for my Tucano Urbano and I'll be set for the wet winter commuting season.

Hal
R1blade75

Post by R1blade75 »

What jets did you decide to run with?
whereshaldo

Post by whereshaldo »

55-160 idle.
Stack was a 160-BE3-100 (I did have a 103 in there but it was too rich and the carb was sooty). Now running a 100.
Pulled the air cleaner under the seat and went to a P200 filter on the carb.

So far it seems great, no flat spots in the power curve and a nice throaty pop pop exhaust note.

Hal