How to Remove Air Filter

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

smillerlou

How to Remove Air Filter

Post by smillerlou »

Hi,
I'm having a problem removing the air filter cover so I can clean my air filter. I have a Stella 4T 2012. The 4th screw is behind a metal bar so I can't get at it with a screw driver. I saw that someone said you have to take out the shock absorber screw and that will somehow make it easier to unscrew the 4th screw. Does anyone know if a video that shows this process? I'm pretty confused on how to do this. Thanks!
smillerlou

Post by smillerlou »

Is this the bolt I have to take out in order to move the engine to get to the 4th screw? Will I be able to put the screw back in by myself or do you have to have another person there to help me line up the holes?
Attachments
shock.jpg
shock.jpg (19.17 KiB) Viewed 1364 times
johnk

Post by johnk »

I haven't done it myself, but I think the one you're pointing to is right—the Service Station Manual says "open rear shock absorber lower bolt (engine side)." Torque it to 3 kg m (≈22 ft lbs) when you replace it.
BigDaddy SnakeOiler

Post by BigDaddy SnakeOiler »

Try a right-angle screwdriver or small vice grips if you don't want to do the shock thing. Some folks have replaced that screw with a bolt so they can remove it with a wrench.
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/bigdaddyOTR/">
Big Daddy Scooter Bum Blog</a>
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/bigdaddy.snakeoiler">
BigDaddy on FaceBook</a>
2003stellaDave

Post by 2003stellaDave »

it would be a good idea to have someone there to help when reconnecting the shock. Be sure to torque the bolt correctly.