Heidenau K61s vs. K80s.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

OBX Dan

Heidenau K61s vs. K80s.

Post by OBX Dan »

I've been a fan of the K61s for some time. I've had 3 pairs on my Buddy150. I am now in the process of buying some new rubber for my Roughhouse Sport and came across the K80s. From the description their claim to fame is grip, which sounds great. I love taking tight corners on my little 50cc at around 40mph. As they say it's more fun to ride a slow vehicle to its limit than a fast vehicle slow. Anyway, the only thing that worries me about the K80s is that they do not have the middle channel groove of the K61s to channel water so theoretically they won't be as stable in the rain. Anybody have experience with these tire(s) or have any input? Thanks in advance.
GearsAndSuch

Post by GearsAndSuch »

Relevant prior discussions:
April 2017

April 2018

I remember at one point EricAlm wrote something like "when I'm gone they'll say 'he sure did like those tires...' " I think those were k61s.
OBX Dan

Post by OBX Dan »

Thanks. Looks like the K80s do have better cornering grip as I suspected. Thanks! Now I'm looking at some Pirelli Diablos.....choices choices...…...
BigDaddy SnakeOiler

Post by BigDaddy SnakeOiler »

Had them on my Stella, loved them. About to put them on my GTS, love them.
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/bigdaddyOTR/">
Big Daddy Scooter Bum Blog</a>
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/bigdaddy.snakeoiler">
BigDaddy on FaceBook</a>
OBX Dan

Post by OBX Dan »

BigDaddy SnakeOiler wrote:Had them on my Stella, loved them. About to put them on my GTS, love them.
Thanks for the feedback!
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

OBX Dan wrote:Thanks. Looks like the K80s do have better cornering grip as I suspected. Thanks! Now I'm looking at some Pirelli Diablos.....choices choices...…...
I love the K80s on my Psycho! (Now on my second set)
Just did 120 miles of carving on them last weekend and am planning another 120 miles (mostly different roads) tomorrow.
If this is your first day with PSYCHO, you have to ride.
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

OBX Dan wrote:Thanks. Looks like the K80s do have better cornering grip as I suspected. Thanks! Now I'm looking at some Pirelli Diablos.....choices choices...…...
I would NOT recommend the Pirelli Diablos. Very squirrelly tires - but disclaimer - My experience with the Diablos is not on the Buddy.

I was however interested to see that Continental now offers a scooter tire with the RA3 tread. I'm a huge fan of the RA3's (on the same bike that I hated the Diablos on), but I suspect that it is not the tread per se but the radial build that I like about them. In other words, I think I'll stick with the K80s on the Buddy.
If this is your first day with PSYCHO, you have to ride.
OBX Dan

Post by OBX Dan »

Christophers wrote:
I would NOT recommend the Pirelli Diablos. Very squirrelly tires - but disclaimer - My experience with the Diablos is not on the Buddy.

I was however interested to see that Continental now offers a scooter tire with the RA3 tread. I'm a huge fan of the RA3's (on the same bike that I hated the Diablos on), but I suspect that it is not the tread per se but the radial build that I like about them. In other words, I think I'll stick with the K80s on the Buddy.
Thanks for the heads up. No diablos then!