oil pump or pre mix

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

milly

oil pump or pre mix

Post by milly »

Hi at present I have an oil pump which is working fine. But can remember the problem if cable to pump played up or pump itself would be catastrophic for the engine.
Whilst I have no problems with pre mixing what's the general consensus amongst other owners of the 2t.
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

It's a hard linkage between the throttle on the carburetor and the oil pump, so you can't lose one without the other. If your throttle cable goes, you'll have other problems. I'd say, just keep with the oil injection. They tend to be pretty reliable.
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

Ive had a couple of 2t stellas and a vespa 2t all with pumps. Ive very comfortable using them.
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
milly

Post by milly »

Thankyou for your replies, glad to hear pumps are more reliable these days.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

The oil injection system is pretty much bullet proof. It delivers the correct percentage depending on throttle position.

So instead of delivering 2% all the time...which is standard for a stock P, the oil percent increases with increased throttle to about 3% at WFO.

The only time I have ditched the autolube system is on highly modified motors. Just don't forget to keep oil in the reservoir and all is good.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL