MYSCTR is Back!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

FAKE NAME

MYSCTR is Back!

Post by FAKE NAME »

Hey y'all!

This is my FAKE NAME since we changed our internet provider and tried to update our email with Modern Buddy and Modern Vespa (which are linked) we now cannot log in to either site no matter which email address we use!

We have reached out to the moderators yet they got to be having too much fun riding their scoots to help us out so we are hoping someone will see this and get back with us how to fix this!

Please reach out through this account so we can reconnect with our new home email address.

Otherwise just know we are fine and everything in our world is ok, it was just a little digital website screw up that has separated us from Modern Buddy & Modern Vespa. We still ride most every day and will continue to do so.

Many thanks!

MYSCTR
Syd

Post by Syd »

Have you tried logging with username MYSCTR?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
FAKE NAME

MYSCTR - LOST IN SPACE

Post by FAKE NAME »

You have specified an incorrect or inactive username, or an invalid password.

This is the message we get when we attempt to log in under 'MYSCTR' with the same password that has worked for almost TEN years..

All we did was update our email and now we cannot access ModernBuddy or ModernVespa...

Help! We are somewhere LOST IN SPACE ! ! !

Maybe we need the Doctor!
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Re: MEMBER ACESS

Post by jrsjr »

FAKE NAME wrote:Hey y'all!

This is my FAKE NAME since we changed our internet provider and tried to update our email with Modern Buddy and Modern Vespa (which are linked) we now cannot log in to either site no matter which email address we use!

We have reached out to the moderators yet they got to be having too much fun riding their scoots to help us out so we are hoping someone will see this and get back with us how to fix this!

Please reach out through this account so we can reconnect with our new home email address.

Otherwise just know we are fine and everything in our world is ok, it was just a little digital website screw up that has separated us from Modern Buddy & Modern Vespa. We still ride most every day and will continue to do so.

Many thanks!

MYSCTR
First I've heard of any of this. No offense, but please sit down, take a deep breath and then post to explain why changing e-mail providers prevented you from logging in with your normal, usual, standing password. After you do that, I will see what I can do to help.
luckyscroller788

Post by luckyscroller788 »

jrsjr wrote:
FAKE NAME wrote:Hey y'all!

Many thanks!

MYSCTR
First I've heard of any of this. No offense, but please sit down, take a deep breath and then post to explain why changing e-mail providers prevented you from logging in with your normal, usual, standing password. After you do that, I will see what I can do to help.
If I am understanding it right, MYSCTR does not know why he cant log in, and that's why he is asking for assistance!
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I'm guessing MYSCTR changed his email address so the system can no longer match his sign-on name with his new email address and is having an conniption.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
FAKE NAME

YUP

Post by FAKE NAME »

babblefish wrote:I'm guessing MYSCTR changed his email address so the system can no longer match his sign-on name with his new email address and is having an conniption.
That is exactly correct.... :cry:

Couldn't have said it better myself. 8)

....if I was speaking for MYSCTR! :oops:
FAKE NAME

Post by FAKE NAME »

[quote="luckyscroller788" If I am understanding it right, MYSCTR does not know why he cant log in, and that's why he is asking for assistance![/quote]

Yup... Yup and Yup ! ! !
FAKE NAME

Post by FAKE NAME »

jrsjr wrote:First I've heard of any of this. No offense, but please sit down, take a deep breath and then post to explain why changing e-mail providers prevented you from logging in with your normal, usual, standing password. After you do that, I will see what I can do to help.
We are MYSCTR in McKinney TX and we are setting down - something I tend to do when at the computer. Nobody here is upset or YELLING. Just looking for help because we can't fix this on my end. No offense taken.

Late January we dropped our internet provider and switched emails after ten years of having the same email address. 

When we changed our email address here at Modern Buddy through some glitch we have not been able to get signed in although we did not change our username or password and we did not ask to be inactive. We have tried everything we know to fix or reset on this end yet below is what happens when we try to log in. 

When we tried using the “I forgot my password� with MYSCTR and our new email this message came up: 

Sorry, but your password cannot be retrieved because your account is currently inactive. Please contact the forum administrator for more information. 

When we tried to just sign in with MYSCTR and the same password we have used for ten years, we got this message: 

Click Here to try again 
...and then after about 1 second the screen automatically goes back to the log in screen. 

Please correct this glitch and restore our username and password to our new email. Let me know if they need anything from me. Thanks! 

ps: We sent you a PM just a few minutes ago so you can reach out through PM if needed. Thanks!
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

I see that you last posted on the 24th of January. What was the first date thereafter that your login failed?
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

FAKE NAME wrote:
jrsjr wrote:First I've heard of any of this. No offense, but please sit down, take a deep breath and then post to explain why changing e-mail providers prevented you from logging in with your normal, usual, standing password. After you do that, I will see what I can do to help.
We are MYSCTR in McKinney TX and we are setting down - something I tend to do when at the computer. Nobody here is upset or YELLING. Just looking for help because we can't fix this on my end. No offense taken.

Late January we dropped our internet provider and switched emails after ten years of having the same email address. 

When we changed our email address here at Modern Buddy through some glitch we have not been able to get signed in although we did not change our username or password and we did not ask to be inactive. We have tried everything we know to fix or reset on this end yet below is what happens when we try to log in. 

When we tried using the “I forgot my password� with MYSCTR and our new email this message came up: 

Sorry, but your password cannot be retrieved because your account is currently inactive. Please contact the forum administrator for more information. 

When we tried to just sign in with MYSCTR and the same password we have used for ten years, we got this message: 

Click Here to try again 
...and then after about 1 second the screen automatically goes back to the log in screen. 

Please correct this glitch and restore our username and password to our new email. Let me know if they need anything from me. Thanks! 

ps: We sent you a PM just a few minutes ago so you can reach out through PM if needed. Thanks!
You should have an actual e-mail with a new password. Let me know how it goes. Sorry for your troubles.

EDIT: If you tried it and it didn't work, please try again with the same password. I had to jump though the hoops just right to get it to work (of course) and I didn't do it quite right the first time. It's all fixed now. I was able to log in as you and log back out, so you should be able to, also. Cheers!
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

WONDERFUL! 8)

We are back and do not have to use a FAKE NAME anymore ! ! !

:arrow: BIG THANKS ! ! !
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Whew! Glad you're back.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Sorry again for all the troubles. I'm not 100% sure why the board software did what it did, but it's resolved now. To celebrate, I changed the name of the thread. :D
MYSCTR

Yup Yup Yup

Post by MYSCTR »

Glad to be back and part of the Modern Buddy family!

Thanks to jsjr for making this happen!

Good to keep up with all things Buddy related.
Syd

Post by Syd »

jrsjr wrote:Sorry again for all the troubles. I'm not 100% sure why the board software did what it did, but it's resolved now. To celebrate, I changed the name of the thread. :D
Glad you got it fixed and welcome back MYSCTR!
The majority is always sane - Nessus