I am picking up a new RH Sport next week. UPDATE-It's here!

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

FromHereToThere

I am picking up a new RH Sport next week. UPDATE-It's here!

Post by FromHereToThere »

Can't wait to break it in. Pics will come.

It should look like this, :lol: . The extra $200 for the front disc brake and the rear shock plus handgaurds,etc. are worth it.
Attachments
roughhouse50T_mattetitanium.jpg
roughhouse50T_mattetitanium.jpg (144.2 KiB) Viewed 2663 times
Last edited by FromHereToThere on Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

Welcome to MB. They really wake up after the first 20 miles, especially if she is derestricted. They're miles of smiles!
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
FromHereToThere

RoaringTodd wrote:Welcome to MB. They really wake up after the first 20 miles, especially if she is derestricted. They're miles of smiles!
Having moved to a small beach town a 50cc make a lot of sense. I can traverse the whole town and never be on a road above a 35mph limit. Some are even 20mph.

And as far as a 50cc scoot, the RH is my top choice. And yes, it will be de-restricted. I'm picking it up from "7 city scooters" in Virginia Beach. Anybody here familiar with this dealer? The owner Dan Jones has been very helpful so far.

I see you have a g400 on the way. When is the delivery date?
PGO makes great scooters. That is all.
FreeDivr

Post by FreeDivr »

Rode mine all weekend, tons of fun, almost 300 miles in two months and its winter time, can't imagine summer riding everyday, your gonna love it!!!
FromHereToThere

FreeDivr wrote:Rode mine all weekend, tons of fun, almost 300 miles in two months and its winter time, can't imagine summer riding everyday, your gonna love it!!!
I had to look up Vacaville. My brother lived in Paradise for a few years.

How has your weather been lately?
FreeDivr

Post by FreeDivr »

FromHereToThere wrote:
FreeDivr wrote:Rode mine all weekend, tons of fun, almost 300 miles in two months and its winter time, can't imagine summer riding everyday, your gonna love it!!!

It's been great! Upper 70's last few days. I have been to Paradise many times, about two hours northeast of me. Post some pics of your RH when you pick her up.
FromHereToThere

FreeDivr wrote:
FromHereToThere wrote:

It's been great! Upper 70's last few days. I have been to Paradise many times, about two hours northeast of me. Post some pics of your RH when you pick her up.
I will! I envy your weather. When it warms up around here this time of year it usually means rain. :(
FromHereToThere

Just made payment on my new scoot.

7 City Scooters in Virginia Beach, Va. offered to deliver my new RoughHouse to Kitty Hawk, N.C. at a very reasonable price and I took them up on it. I saved over a hundred dollars because of this. Big thumbs up to owner Dan Jones and Co. for this and also for ordering me the exact scooter I wanted promptly. Delivery is Monday, so pictures will be coming. Being an Oakland Raider fan I plan to strip the scooter of all stickers and replace with my own Raider stickers. A silver and black scooter is perfect! Excited and can't wait. CHEERS!
FreeDivr

Post by FreeDivr »

Is she there yet???? :)
FromHereToThere

FreeDivr wrote:Is she there yet???? :)

Delivered today! Pictures to come. Going to get it registered tomorrow.

First impression-Photos do not do this scoot justice. It is one badass scooter. It is also bigger than I expected. I guess I didn't realize how small my Buddy is. Fit and finish is fantastic. Underseat storage is slightly smaller than my Buddy. I am contemplating buying a backpack or messenger bag. There is a black canister mounted above the exhaust. I was told is had something to do with emissions but I still don't know exactly what it does.

I'm not familiar with the rear shock and how to adjust it. If someone would be kind enough to explain this I would appreciate it.

I was so tempted to take it for a short spin but with a police station a mile away I resisted the urge. Tomorrow I will take it for a spin and snap a few pictures. Getting new toys is so much fun!

Edit-Here are the pics. The 50cc mill pulls hard out of the gate. I took it on a 6 mile run(between 20-40mph). I went WOT maybe once. An honest 45mph all day seems reasonable. The rear shock is stiffer than I am used to, but the corners I hit(on new tires) felt very responsive. There is a big difference with the piggy-back. Fantastic scoot so far.
Attachments
DSC00163.JPG
DSC00163.JPG (161.98 KiB) Viewed 2558 times
DSC00162.JPG
DSC00162.JPG (161.39 KiB) Viewed 2557 times
FromHereToThere

Roughhouse running very nice. I can see 45 honest on flat ground all day.

I bought a nice Dowco cover(L) and it is perfect for being at the coast. You have to keep the mist off your bike here.

My Buddy 150 will now be my bad weather scoot. That bitch is still pulling like a champ, but the exhaust is starting to rust.

I am thinking about light sanding and spraying over with a black coat. I don't want to have to take the pipe off. It may be a pain in the ass but oh well.
laurfunkle

Post by laurfunkle »

FromHereToThere wrote: I am thinking about light sanding and spraying over with a black coat. I don't want to have to take the pipe off. It may be a pain in the ass but oh well.
A good idea is anti-rust paint made for grills. Made to withstand the high heat and will keep the muffler from rusting up too much!
FreeDivr

Post by FreeDivr »

Glad to hear your loving the RH! Rain in NorCal has mine siting right now but they are great scooters!!! Can't wait for summer. Let me know if you end up getting saddlebags or rear bag for it, I want to get something as well and an honest review is always nice.
FromHereToThere

laurfunkle wrote:
FromHereToThere wrote: I am thinking about light sanding and spraying over with a black coat. I don't want to have to take the pipe off. It may be a pain in the ass but oh well.
A good idea is anti-rust paint made for grills. Made to withstand the high heat and will keep the muffler from rusting up too much!

That was my thought. Thanks. :)
FromHereToThere

FreeDivr wrote:Glad to hear your loving the RH! Rain in NorCal has mine siting right now but they are great scooters!!! Can't wait for summer. Let me know if you end up getting saddlebags or rear bag for it, I want to get something as well and an honest review is always nice.

Very possible. It was a very sturdy rear rack so there are a few possibilities. I've seen milk crates used for store runs. It's not something I would leave on there but it is effective.
Clydeo

Rear rack

Post by Clydeo »

The rack "trunks" from JC Whitney are ugly, but they provide dry, lockable, easily removable storage at a very low price. I have had several over the years, and all have worked out well. My wife likes to have one on the bike when she rides as a passenger, as they provide back support. They are not perfect, nor are they classy, but they are functional and more practical then a milk crate. Except for carrying stuff to and from the beach: then the milk crate is perfect, because you can rinse the sand off of everything before bringing it into the house!
BTW, if you are going to spend a lot of time at the beach, get a milk crate, and put one of those black milk jug "solar showers" in it (full of water, of course). When you are ready to head home, you have a ready supply of fresh warm water to rinse off with. Heaven!
FromHereToThere

Re: Rear rack

Clydeo wrote:The rack "trunks" from JC Whitney are ugly, but they provide dry, lockable, easily removable storage at a very low price. I have had several over the years, and all have worked out well. My wife likes to have one on the bike when she rides as a passenger, as they provide back support. They are not perfect, nor are they classy, but they are functional and more practical then a milk crate. Except for carrying stuff to and from the beach: then the milk crate is perfect, because you can rinse the sand off of everything before bringing it into the house!
BTW, if you are going to spend a lot of time at the beach, get a milk crate, and put one of those black milk jug "solar showers" in it (full of water, of course). When you are ready to head home, you have a ready supply of fresh warm water to rinse off with. Heaven!

Not a big beach guy unless I am fishing. I'll check out the item from JC Whitney. Thanks.
FromHereToThere

Just wanted to give a short review so far. VERY quick 50cc. Very solid ride. The rear shock takes corners great. Better handling than my Buddy150.

The underseat storage is smaller. Oh well.

The gas cap is a pain in the ass. I may try some silicone spray to make it smoother, but I don't want that stuff to find its way to the gas.

What say you forum?
FreeDivr

Post by FreeDivr »

Glad to hear your liking it! I had to get used to the cap, also it seemed to get better after a couple on and off's.
FromHereToThere

FreeDivr wrote:Glad to hear your liking it! I had to get used to the cap, also it seemed to get better after a couple on and off's.

Yeah the first time I filled up it took a minute to get the key out and get it locked. I had a bad feeling it would not come out but I did not force it, LOL/

What do you think of silicone spray for the keyhole? Could it leak into the gas?

Edit-maybe I'll just spray and wipe the key down.........
FromHereToThere

FreeDivr wrote:Glad to hear your liking it! I had to get used to the cap, also it seemed to get better after a couple on and off's.

Oh yeah, when I get around 15k on the RH I am going to install a stage 3 kit and make it a screamer. Can't wait.