Need a new exhaust for my Buddy 150.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

FromHereToThere

Need a new exhaust for my Buddy 150.

Post by FromHereToThere »

I just want to buy a stock exhaust and replace the old one. The old one has a "rattle" in it and its also rusting, so I just want to clean my baby up a bit.

My question is what kind of gaskets, screws, bolts, etc I will need for a clean job. Thanks in advance. -Dan
PGO makes great scooters. That is all.
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

Unless you can find a used one, a stock exhaust is verrrrry expensive. The NCY with the silencer installed is a good replacement if you don't want the loudness of an aftermarket exhaust.
FromHereToThere

dasscooter wrote:Unless you can find a used one, a stock exhaust is verrrrry expensive. The NCY with the silencer installed is a good replacement if you don't want the loudness of an aftermarket exhaust.

This is what Im looking at. I don't think Ill have to re-jet with this. Price is not really a problem. This will be my first foray into maint. other than oils and valve adj.

http://www.scooterworks.com/ncy-perform ... wpuMbvmqM8
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Check the buddy owners Facebook page. Colin was giving away two stock exhausts. He might still have one.
HowHH

Post by HowHH »

FromHereToThere wrote:This is what Im looking at. I don't think Ill have to re-jet with this. Price is not really a problem. This will be my first foray into maint. other than oils and valve adj.

I currently have a Prima exhaust, but that NCY exhaust is what I'd go with if I needed a replacement. Folks on the forum that have the NCY seem to like it. NCY has a few different gaskets. I'd ask Scooterworks which they recommend.
FromHereToThere

DeeDee wrote:Check the buddy owners Facebook page. Colin was giving away two stock exhausts. He might still have one.

Thanks....I can't post a comment yet but that is a cool page!
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

125 and 150 have a different exhaust. 125 has a chrome heat shield. 150 has a black plastic one.
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

My old 07 Buddy 125 has the NCY on it. That is a TOUGH exhaust. The owner has wreaked on it twice on that side and caught it looping a wheelie! No damage other than some scrape marks. If my 08 ever needs a exhaust I will get a NCY for that as well. Sounds cool with the silencer out, and slightly louder than stock with the silencer in. Has a no rust down pipe and nice, sturdy paint finish. The plastic cover looks kinda generic but has yet to crack or fall off.
FromHereToThere

HowHH wrote:
FromHereToThere wrote:This is what Im looking at. I don't think Ill have to re-jet with this. Price is not really a problem. This will be my first foray into maint. other than oils and valve adj.

I currently have a Prima exhaust, but that NCY exhaust is what I'd go with if I needed a replacement. Folks on the forum that have the NCY seem to like it. NCY has a few different gaskets. I'd ask Scooterworks which they recommend.
When I order I will do it by phone to make sure I get the right bits.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

I'm still rocking my Prima after 12k miles. Might try the NCY if it ever went to pot, but it's been doing well.
FromHereToThere

skully93 wrote:I'm still rocking my Prima after 12k miles. Might try the NCY if it ever went to pot, but it's been doing well.

Found a new one(stock) on FB for $100. Im pleased with that. I'll need to ask some questions when I install!

Edit-Oh yeah, my old exhaust is now making a louder noise(like a little Harley) most of the time. I am assuming this is the baffle? Sometimes it evens out and sounds quiet. My question is can it hurt my engine? Otherwise the noise is pretty cool. It's bike-week here and when I pulled into the gas station today 10 Harley people looked up, LOL. I bet they had a laugh.