2 stroke Stella, exhaust and jetting

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

2strokeluvr

2 stroke Stella, exhaust and jetting

Post by 2strokeluvr »

Hi all. New here with a 2009 Stella, completely stock. I have owned it for just over 2 years, and it has just over 5000 miles on it. I want to install a Sito+ exhaust for a little more sound and to get rid of the cat con. I live in Phoenix, AZ where it is HOT. I believe the carb is jetted a bit lean already. The altitude is 1200 feet. What would be a good jet combination for an otherwise stock scooter with the Sito+ exhaust? I seem to be having trouble finding any advice about this. It wouldn't hurt if the jetting were just slightly on the rich side. I'm not looking for performance. I run my 4 stroke bikes a bit rich to help protect them from the 115 degree heat. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks, Jeff.
youkiddin

Post by youkiddin »

search this forum for bald john jetting, Then read read read. My stella with a sito+ and a deblued air filter runs well with 55/160 idle,be3/140/105 main stack. BUT I've also ran with be3/160/105.
2strokeluvr

Post by 2strokeluvr »

Thanks. Already been doing that. Found a little controversy. I just want some place to start that will not be lean. If it is too rich, I can always go leaner. Seems a lot safer than starting out too lean. Jeff
youkiddin

Post by youkiddin »

don't forget that your spark plug plays into this also.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

2strokeluvr wrote:Thanks. Already been doing that. Found a little controversy. I just want some place to start that will not be lean. If it is too rich, I can always go leaner. Seems a lot safer than starting out too lean. Jeff
Bald John was based out of Tucson when he worked up that jetting. We're at 2500ft, so it'll be pretty close for you.

I jetted my P for Tucson and she runs fine in Phoenix.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
fisher1

Post by fisher1 »

When I swapped out my 09 Stella's stock exhaust and filter, my mid-range temps rose even after I upjetted the main. I had to increase the stock 55/160 (2.9) SI Pilot/idle jet to richer 52/140 (2.7). Note that larger SI#s are leaner, lower ones richer. Resulted in Mid-range temps being restored to stock levels per CHT readings.
Saturdave

Post by Saturdave »

My 08 stella 2T seems happy in Chicago with:

38/120 idle
160/BE3/103 main
Road Sport pipe
NGK B7ES plug
P200 air filter from scooter mercato
Amber colored turn signal lenses

I've got maybe 500 miles on that setup.