No brake resuvior to be found 1987-1993 PGO STAR I/ comet/ga

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

87PGOSTAR50GUY

No brake resuvior to be found 1987-1993 PGO STAR I/ comet/ga

Post by 87PGOSTAR50GUY »

Hey I think I have no red on my scooter anyone know where, how to fill the break fluid I thought this was a dry application there is no discs on the system but all things have brake fluid.

My rear brake pads may be gone completely on Referance to dry long stop front still breaks but when she stops she makes a dry creek at hault.

I'm aware how to fix brakes and bleed them but i have no idea where the hell the red is.

When I pulled my front panel nothing was in there but cables to speedo, throttle, and ignition.

Don't want to ride the brakes til they go out not planning on flinstoning my new Walmart suade boots.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Not all things have brake fluid.

Most of the scooters of that era have cable operated drums in the front and rear. If you don't have a reservoir on the handlebar, you probably have cable-operated brakes.

Improve performance by tightening the adjusters on the ends of the cables, scuffing the brake shoes with medium grit sandpaper and cleaning up the brake drum surface with sandpaper or a Scotchbrite pad.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
87PGOSTAR50GUY

HMM THOUGH SO

Post by 87PGOSTAR50GUY »

az_slynch wrote:Not all things have brake fluid.

Most of the scooters of that era have cable operated drums in the front and rear. If you don't have a reservoir on the handlebar, you probably have cable-operated brakes.

Improve performance by tightening the adjusters on the ends of the cables, scuffing the brake shoes with medium grit sandpaper and cleaning up the brake drum surface with sandpaper or a Scotchbrite pad.

Figured that, technically I'm terrified of someone totalling my rare piece, I'm afraid of others safety for there actions done on to me. Old as frak but I know when I rid it in the streets a couple weeks ago a guy really questioned its work ability cause he literarly was mashing behind me but my plate says 96 lol I have worked too hard and like your signature, addicted as as first timer.

Its all custom not running a dished piston and I have - .1 from stroke height to install a dome top piston. No chance of the piston hitting the head unless you snap the rod bearing.

Next, I also noticed speed has improved off the line from the dish to dome job. From 40mm x 39.3 dished @ 40mph in 4.5 - 5.2 seconds to 40mm x 39.2 dome top 3.5- 4.5 seconds to 40mph.

The accommodation worked well and i opted out on the use of the oil ring and used a hair line of end gap to keep that compression higher.

I have also concluded during a down hill first time drive in a while my cdi is restricted when i hit the throttle it shot to 52mph. Scared a fart out me literally vooooooo! O,o!

If i get that endorsement by by cdi hello heavier gear ratio on cvt.

Take a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjzVlNreBHs