REVISED- pw50 head omit (Nb50m 86) rehoned gentially.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

87PGOSTAR50GUY

REVISED- pw50 head omit (Nb50m 86) rehoned gentially.

Post by 87PGOSTAR50GUY »

Revised post please omit the PW50 TOPIC.

WELL long story short I replaced the jug but was about 10-15mm off the case. It could have been done I'd I drilled the bolt holes out.

Anyway I re installed my nb50m top end with the new piston and rings from the pw50 turned the key and got 2-3 time spaced pops from the exhaust.

The cylinder is cross hatched well enough, do I need to check the gap. The old plugs getting taken out tomarrow voting on I think we are going to get a fire with the new plug in. Set up on a premix tank to bleed the lines.
Last edited by 87PGOSTAR50GUY on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Normal. It should loosen up as it slides down. Dont break your ring(s) when sliding over the piston. Make sure the g or c-clips face the correct direction if you removed the piston. Are you adding any sealant on both sides of the base gasket? Also, DO A LEAK DOWN TEST-head off any leaks BEFORE you get a seizure. Moped Army has VERY detailed build pages. Read, learn and avoid nasty surprises later!
87PGOSTAR50GUY

Post by 87PGOSTAR50GUY »

sc00ter wrote:Normal. It should loosen up as it slides down. Dont break your ring(s) when sliding over the piston. Make sure the g or c-clips face the correct direction if you removed the piston. Are you adding any sealant on both sides of the base gasket? Also, DO A LEAK DOWN TEST-head off any leaks BEFORE you get a seizure. Moped Army has VERY detailed build pages. Read, learn and avoid nasty surprises later!

Leak down test psi rating, what gasket makes looking to create a 1 time seal at 9 ft lbs.

takes 200 psi to be good compression as 25% is used at start up. Lowest safe PSI IS 114 anything below that is a sign of bad rings or vacum leak.I can hear compression and finger test it as well. Nothing like a cylinder compression to blow your finger off.

dej loaf life- Desire. My scoot life.

Do you?
Attachments
LITTLE DUSTY but she has waited
LITTLE DUSTY but she has waited
IMG_20160126_102030_opt.jpg (22.95 KiB) Viewed 602 times
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

You would be surprised how many build the motor and just slap it in, then wonder why their CHT temp will not stay stable or is on the high side. Two strokes dont like even the smallest of a air leak. To play it safe we use red Dirko, a industrial sealant, on both sides of all gaskets. Not to much, you dont want it to over run into the internals. Zuma motor reed cage gaskets are extra fun to seal tight-too many seams. Are you tuning your Star or just getting it running correct?
87PGOSTAR50GUY

Post by 87PGOSTAR50GUY »

sc00ter wrote:You would be surprised how many build the motor and just slap it in, then wonder why their CHT temp will not stay stable or is on the high side. Two strokes dont like even the smallest of a air leak. To play it safe we use red Dirko, a industrial sealant, on both sides of all gaskets. Not to much, you dont want it to over run into the internals. Zuma motor reed cage gaskets are extra fun to seal tight-too many seams. Are you tuning your Star or just getting it running correct?

Getting it running then tune later.

What about copper shellac or Autozone based sealants for head gaskets. I said the same thing about reeds been on for 18 years of 28 years in a garage heated not moving that sob haha.

By now, i am the scoot and its me at this point too ready working or failure I will take it to autozone or a little mechanic shop and have her pressure tested I'm pretty good with dealing with shitty mounting areas on cars clean up and tightening never had any gasket fail on me.
Attachments
result.jpg
result.jpg (19.09 KiB) Viewed 588 times
87PGOSTAR50GUY

UPDATE!

Post by 87PGOSTAR50GUY »

THE SCOOTER IS RUNNING, PLUG GAP .40 GAP, NEEDS EXHAUST RING, AIR FILTER, AND TIME TO DUMP THE PREMIX OUT. Does anyone have an extra exhaust ring lying around?
87PGOSTAR50GUY

Post by 87PGOSTAR50GUY »

sc00ter wrote:You would be surprised how many build the motor and just slap it in, then wonder why their CHT temp will not stay stable or is on the high side. Two strokes dont like even the smallest of a air leak. To play it safe we use red Dirko, a industrial sealant, on both sides of all gaskets. Not to much, you dont want it to over run into the internals. Zuma motor reed cage gaskets are extra fun to seal tight-too many seams. Are you tuning your Star or just getting it running correct?

So I think my status airleakless as I have splooge from exhaust pipe from lack of tuning which will be handled soon. if my gaskets where leaking would here the sound of air being sucked in in addition with no airscrew adjustment yet it would have told on its self.

If I am an correct idle requirement is about 1800-2k

The air screw should be turned 1-1/4 maximum out allowing me to get the adjustments im looking for im doing everything by ear and plug color.

If im correct when lean, it will have zingy sound but i should looking for a sluggish feeling from in 1/4 to 3/4 mid range then at the "standard needle clip height" then that will help me know rather i need to change clip height up or down.

I left it in the stock position.

Where sits and starts at is my starting point.

13 turns from bottom on the idle air stop screw dialed in at 12 1/8 turns out from bottom.

Air screw must be set to 1-1/4 turn from the bottoming position after that i may want to redial in the stop screw. Seeing i have a bent by factory cable at throttle i make cable adjustments at the carb inlet which is threaded.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-GFpW ... cslist_api