Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WHAT VESPA MATCHES PGO STAR 50 IN 1987

 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
Author Message
87PGOSTAR50GUY
Member


Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 108
Location: Seattle, WA
1987 PGO Star 49.2cc custom 1984 HONDA Aero NB-50 base.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:34 am    Post subject: WHAT VESPA MATCHES PGO STAR 50 IN 1987 Reply with quote

Please take a look at this posting of a older posting for another older pgo Paggio/vespa

I have a 87 PGO STAR 50 and I would like answers for future modification right now i picked up this posting on modern vespa. I I will also post a pic of my scooter as well.


I had a fall out with Hondaspree.net as the mod is disrespectful and I am not bound to let anyone disrespect me or my scooter it use to run but idgaf i know my genuine/PGO IS OLD AS DIRT.



HERE IS A LINK SO YOU FEEL WHERE I AM COMING FROM: modernvespa.com/forum/topic42519


Here is my scoot: 1987 PGO STAR50


Let's get it popping like wheelies: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-GFpWFukhFUMmJDMEpnZWp5SWc/view?usp=docslist_api


UPDATE FINALLY GOT MY CLONE !! WOOHOO EYY! ITS ITS A keihins Japan 19mm intake 42mm bolt centering with a 35mm filter links coming soon.


Last edited by 87PGOSTAR50GUY on Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
skipper20
Member


Joined: 10 Dec 2012
Posts: 835
Location: Des Moines, WA
170i

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: WHAT VESPA MATCHES PGO STAR 50 IN 1987 Reply with quote

87PGOSTAR50GUY wrote:
Please take a look at this posting of a older posting for another older pgo Paggio/vespa

I have a 87 PGO STAR 50 and I would like answers for future modification right now i picked up this posting on modern vespa. I I will also post a pic of my scooter as well.


I had a fall out with Hondaspree.net as the mod is disrespectful and I am not bound to let anyone disrespect me or my scooter it use to run but idgaf i know my genuine/PGO IS OLD AS DIRT.



HERE IS A LINK SO YOU FEEL WHERE I AM COMING FROM: modernvespa.com/forum/topic42519


Here is my scoot: 1987 PGO STAR50


Let's get it popping like wheelies: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-GFpWFukhFUMmJDMEpnZWp5SWc/view?usp=docslist_api


Nice picture of your scoot but It doesn't look like any Vespa product to me. Looks more like an older Honda Elite 50. What was your question anyway? You've obviously lost me.

Bill in Seattle but wintering in Tucson and trying hard not to disrespect you
'12 170i Italia (AZ scoot)
'14 170i Hooligan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
ericalm
Site Admin


Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Posts: 17637
Location: Los Angeles, CA
STELLA FOUR STROKE FURY! + Vespa LX 150/190 + '87 Honda Helix CN250

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PGO Star 50 has a Minarelli horizontal air cooled engine that's in a bunch of other 50cc scooters from PGO, Yamaha, Aprilia, et. al. (See partial list below.)

I'm not sure if the PGO version is a variant, but a lot of the parts should be interchangeable. The Buddy 50 and Roughhouse 50 have the same engine.

There aren't a lot of these in the US. PGOs were briefly imported in the 80s by a company in Utah, if I recall correctly. Some have come in from Canada and elsewhere. But the engine is common enough that there are plenty of parts.

Electrical, body and non-engine parts might be much harder to find.

http://www.scooterworks.com/search-pages-117.php?search_term=minarelli+50

Partial list of scooters that have had the same, engine (depending on model year):
Aprilia Gulliver AC 50cc
Aprilia Scarabeo 50cc
Aprilia Sonic AC 50cc
Aprilia SR 50 WWW
Aprilia SR 50cc AC (94 - 97)
Aprilia Stealth 50cc
Benelli K2 AC 50cc (Minarelli Motor)
Benelli Naked 50cc (Minarelli Motor)
Benelli Pepe 50cc (1999 - 2003 Minarelli Motor)
Malaguti Centro 50cc
Malaguti Ciak 50cc
Malaguti F10 Jetline 50cc
Malaguti F12 Phantom AC 50cc
Malaguti Firefox AC 50cc
Malaguti Yesterday 50cc
MBK Mach G AC 50cc
MBK Ovetto 50cc
PGO Big Max 50cc
PGO Comet 50cc
PGO G-Max 50cc
PGO Galaxy 50cc
PGO Libra 50cc
PGO Ligero 50cc
PGO PMX 50cc
PGO Star 50cc
PGO T-Rex 50cc
Rally AC 50cc
Yamaha Axis 50cc (YA50)
Yamaha Jog 50cc (CS50)
Yamaha Jog R 50cc (CS50R)
Yamaha Neos 2 Stroke 50cc (YN50)
Yamaha Why 50cc (YH50)

_________________
Eric // Flickr group // LA Scooter Meetup Group // twitter: @scooterism // ScooterFile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website
sc00ter
Member


Joined: 30 Mar 2008
Posts: 864
Location: Norfolk VA
19 Piaggio Liberty S, 98 Zuma

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks more like a Vino 50cc 2t case (aka short case) than a full size Zuma 50cc 2t long case (comparing Yamaha's from prior experience). Either way there are plenty of tuning goodies out there, its just final/overall fit like exhaust clearing and carbs mounting on weird intakes and such. You just have to ask yourself what you want to accomplish with your build and how much work you want to invest in it. Is cool looking, reminds me of the Yamaha Riva 80 2t that I was messing with for a short time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
87PGOSTAR50GUY
Member


Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 108
Location: Seattle, WA
1987 PGO Star 49.2cc custom 1984 HONDA Aero NB-50 base.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: WHAT VESPA MATCHES PGO STAR 50 IN 1987 Reply with quote

skipper20 wrote:
87PGOSTAR50GUY wrote:
Please take a look at this posting of a older posting for another older pgo Paggio/vespa

I have a 87 PGO STAR 50 and I would like answers for future modification right now i picked up this posting on modern vespa. I I will also post a pic of my scooter as well.


I had a fall out with Hondaspree.net as the mod is disrespectful and I am not bound to let anyone disrespect me or my scooter it use to run but idgaf i know my genuine/PGO IS OLD AS DIRT.



HERE IS A LINK SO YOU FEEL WHERE I AM COMING FROM: modernvespa.com/forum/topic42519


Here is my scoot: 1987 PGO STAR50


Let's get it popping like wheelies: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-GFpWFukhFUMmJDMEpnZWp5SWc/view?usp=docslist_api


Nice picture of your scoot but It doesn't look like any Vespa product to me. Looks more like an older Honda Elite 50. What was your question anyway? You've obviously lost me.

Bill in Seattle but wintering in Tucson and trying hard not to disrespect you
'12 170i Italia (AZ scoot)
'14 170i Hooligan
thanks and im glad there is someone who understands , i said the same but compares to nb50m from 85 due to a valid verification I also said it was a minarelli but if you seen a nb50m cyl and a PW50 qt50 greekly cylinder there are a lot of aftermarket options. Problem is that 87 exhaust has to come off angle changes in all quick muffler chop/ swap and runnings no issue #75 main.

Minarelli is a yamaha and if thats so its a pw50 think about it pw basic jug is 40mm x 39.2 bore mild modify fit with exhaust mods meanwhile, nb50m honda aero 50 from 85 is a direct no modification to exhaust or shroud cover at a whopping 41mm x 37.4



Compression comparison: PW 6.8.1 vs nb 7.2.1


Vespa p series is also compatible as well for hobbit jug.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Drum Pro
Member


Joined: 01 Sep 2011
Posts: 1166
Location: Victorville, Ca.
Buddy 170i "Gizmo" & blue Stella "Epona"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Hope you get it running like a top.....Scooter snobbery sucks!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
87PGOSTAR50GUY
Member


Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 108
Location: Seattle, WA
1987 PGO Star 49.2cc custom 1984 HONDA Aero NB-50 base.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericalm wrote:
The PGO Star 50 has a Minarelli horizontal air cooled engine that's in a bunch of other 50cc scooters from PGO, Yamaha, Aprilia, et. al. (See partial list below.)

I'm not sure if the PGO version is a variant, but a lot of the parts should be interchangeable. The Buddy 50 and Roughhouse 50 have the same engine.

There aren't a lot of these in the US. PGOs were briefly imported in the 80s by a company in Utah, if I recall correctly. Some have come in from Canada and elsewhere. But the engine is common enough that there are plenty of parts.

Electrical, body and non-engine parts might be much harder to find.

http://www.scooterworks.com/search-pages-117.php?search_term=minarelli+50

Partial list of scooters that have had the same, engine (depending on model year):
Aprilia Gulliver AC 50cc
Aprilia Scarabeo 50cc
Aprilia Sonic AC 50cc
Aprilia SR 50 WWW
Aprilia SR 50cc AC (94 - 97)
Aprilia Stealth 50cc
Benelli K2 AC 50cc (Minarelli Motor)
Benelli Naked 50cc (Minarelli Motor)
Benelli Pepe 50cc (1999 - 2003 Minarelli Motor)
Malaguti Centro 50cc
Malaguti Ciak 50cc
Malaguti F10 Jetline 50cc
Malaguti F12 Phantom AC 50cc
Malaguti Firefox AC 50cc
Malaguti Yesterday 50cc
MBK Mach G AC 50cc
MBK Ovetto 50cc
PGO Big Max 50cc
PGO Comet 50cc
PGO G-Max 50cc
PGO Galaxy 50cc
PGO Libra 50cc
PGO Ligero 50cc
PGO PMX 50cc
PGO Star 50cc
PGO T-Rex 50cc
Rally AC 50cc
Yamaha Axis 50cc (YA50)
Yamaha Jog 50cc (CS50)
Yamaha Jog R 50cc (CS50R)
Yamaha Neos 2 Stroke 50cc (YN50)
Yamaha Why 50cc (YH50)



All the new pgos are off the list from double split ports such as the galaxy, pmx, buddy, all jogs, I'll check the rest and shoot a he'd base pic now so you can get visual on what I see.


I see a few but shroud and case mods are required essentially for now I just want a starter and driver til I feel good enough having case halfs updated. Here is the original base match mount picture.


...


Couldn't find pictures on my drive but here is the closet a clip before I decided to use the jug do to a corner chip not trying to run the risk of a broken skirt.


Old clip from last year excuse the one curse word.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-GFpWFukhFURlZDQVZjTnItZHM/view?usp=docslist_api
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
87PGOSTAR50GUY
Member


Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 108
Location: Seattle, WA
1987 PGO Star 49.2cc custom 1984 HONDA Aero NB-50 base.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drum Pro wrote:
I like it. Hope you get it running like a top.....Scooter snobbery sucks!!!




Hope so to working on magic with a PW on access hand better known as qt50.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
87PGOSTAR50GUY
Member


Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 108
Location: Seattle, WA
1987 PGO Star 49.2cc custom 1984 HONDA Aero NB-50 base.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sc00ter wrote:
Looks more like a Vino 50cc 2t case (aka short case) than a full size Zuma 50cc 2t long case (comparing Yamaha's from prior experience). Either way there are plenty of tuning goodies out there, its just final/overall fit like exhaust clearing and carbs mounting on weird intakes and such. You just have to ask yourself what you want to accomplish with your build and how much work you want to invest in it. Is cool looking, reminds me of the Yamaha Riva 80 2t that I was messing with for a short time.



Aka RIVA Cv50 K with tilted intake ports vs the jogs straight across ports.




I'll take a look at vino cyls tomarrow.


After I get endorsed I plan to rebuild it into a monster on a dio style crank with yt60 cylinder or a riva bbk if available.


Do you know any larger shrouds that fit the relli with wider cylinder width.



Update: 7am ( lean more toward 80s models like cv50k ) vino has straight ports like jog ill get you a case mouth opening picture.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
sc00ter
Member


Joined: 30 Mar 2008
Posts: 864
Location: Norfolk VA
19 Piaggio Liberty S, 98 Zuma

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got out of the scene awhile back but I still have both a Vino motor (short case) and a Zuma motor (long case) in the rafters. Racing Planet has the most diverse selection of tuning parts for older/odder motors. Unless you have prior experience with 2t motors I would suggest doing it in stages to get a feel for tuning it and keeping it running correctly. Exhaust and variator with some jets and rollers is a good place to start.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
87PGOSTAR50GUY
Member


Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 108
Location: Seattle, WA
1987 PGO Star 49.2cc custom 1984 HONDA Aero NB-50 base.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sc00ter wrote:
I got out of the scene awhile back but I still have both a Vino motor (short case) and a Zuma motor (long case) in the rafters. Racing Planet has the most diverse selection of tuning parts for older/odder motors. Unless you have prior experience with 2t motors I would suggest doing it in stages to get a feel for tuning it and keeping it running correctly. Exhaust and variator with some jets and rollers is a good place to start.


First time 2ter but I had the thing for a year so I know a lot about it, better not see them spree.net boyz cause they teed me off told one of em imma pull him over with a 007 roof hook and yank him off the bike. If anything exhaust and shroud is mandatory or switch to premix in the summer for no shroud runs.


This PW kit is a fresh start so I have no problem chopping exhaust muffler and mounts to make her fire off again. Not running without shroud for too long so I'll just do a sheet aluminium custom shroud with flywheel air scoop to keep her cooler.


In addition I will also upgrade then flywheel fan to a turbo style. Cooler then a penguins pinky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
ScooterDave
Most Likely to Spontaneously Combust


Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 884
Location: 127.0.0.1
1969 Vespa Rally 180 among others

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT VESPA MATCHES PGO STAR 50 IN 1987 Reply with quote

87PGOSTAR50GUY wrote:
Please take a look at this posting of a older posting for another older pgo Paggio/vespa

I have a 87 PGO STAR 50 and I would like answers for future modification right now i picked up this posting on modern vespa. I I will also post a pic of my scooter as well.


I had a fall out with Hondaspree.net as the mod is disrespectful and I am not bound to let anyone disrespect me or my scooter it use to run but idgaf i know my genuine/PGO IS OLD AS DIRT.



HERE IS A LINK SO YOU FEEL WHERE I AM COMING FROM: modernvespa.com/forum/topic42519


Here is my scoot: 1987 PGO STAR50


Let's get it popping like wheelies: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-GFpWFukhFUMmJDMEpnZWp5SWc/view?usp=docslist_api


Let me understand this... You have a 29 year old scooter built by PGO. You were on a forum and were made fun of so you left. Now you are on a Genuine Buddy forum for advice.

Makes sense. I usually turn to the Honda CB guys when I have a question about my BMW R1100S.

Another good site to try would be the Chevy Silverado group http://www.silveradosierra.com/

_________________
http://www.facebook.com/davidclewis Facebook
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
sc00ter
Member


Joined: 30 Mar 2008
Posts: 864
Location: Norfolk VA
19 Piaggio Liberty S, 98 Zuma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tune in baby steps, thats all Im saying. I have seen too many people jump in over their heads with tuning and seize a motor REALLY FAST. Always use a engine/fan shroud or you will pay the price. Oversize fans sap power, and the stock fans cool just fine. Pre-mixing is a pain in the butt, I always use the auto-lube pump. Oh, and your front end will not handle wheelies at all. Find a Zuma front end, put thicker fprk oil in it and make it fit. Overall, have fun with the scooter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
87PGOSTAR50GUY
Member


Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 108
Location: Seattle, WA
1987 PGO Star 49.2cc custom 1984 HONDA Aero NB-50 base.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: WHAT VESPA MATCHES PGO STAR 50 IN 1987 Reply with quote

ScooterDave wrote:
87PGOSTAR50GUY wrote:
Please take a look at this posting of a older posting for another older pgo Paggio/vespa

I have a 87 PGO STAR 50 and I would like answers for future modification right now i picked up this posting on modern vespa. I I will also post a pic of my scooter as well.


I had a fall out with Hondaspree.net as the mod is disrespectful and I am not bound to let anyone disrespect me or my scooter it use to run but idgaf i know my genuine/PGO IS OLD AS DIRT.



HERE IS A LINK SO YOU FEEL WHERE I AM COMING FROM: modernvespa.com/forum/topic42519


Here is my scoot: 1987 PGO STAR50


Let's get it popping like wheelies: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-GFpWFukhFUMmJDMEpnZWp5SWc/view?usp=docslist_api


Let me understand this... You have a 29 year old scooter built by PGO. You were on a forum and were made fun of so you left. Now you are on a Genuine Buddy forum for advice.

Makes sense. I usually turn to the Honda CB guys when I have a question about my BMW R1100S.

Another good site to try would be the Chevy Silverado group http://www.silveradosierra.com/



Yeah I dont see a issue with that as all scoots share relativity in parts. If it gets to old then parts swaps recommended.


Last edited by 87PGOSTAR50GUY on Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
87PGOSTAR50GUY
Member


Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 108
Location: Seattle, WA
1987 PGO Star 49.2cc custom 1984 HONDA Aero NB-50 base.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sc00ter wrote:
Tune in baby steps, thats all Im saying. I have seen too many people jump in over their heads with tuning and seize a motor REALLY FAST. Always use a engine/fan shroud or you will pay the price. Oversize fans sap power, and the stock fans cool just fine. Pre-mixing is a pain in the butt, I always use the auto-lube pump. Oh, and your front end will not handle wheelies at all. Find a Zuma front end, put thicker fprk oil in it and make it fit. Overall, have fun with the scooter.



Yeah I am mild tuned/stock I agree, that's why I went with a QT50 jug, stock but also relivent to my scoots build year.

Pws use 82max main jet, Cv50k's use about 77.5/85 main jets I have a Honda jer kit ive been saving that did not fit my clone honda monkey carb posh 6 jet kit.




If I recall correct my scoot was N* rigged when I got it used , 36 poilet jet and a 120 main on a shot antique carb with a bad enrichner the oil hose to one side from the tank was and did not fit on the rig.


Fork swap, what about chopping the existing fork and have a airbagged spring system? If I can I'll add a air compressor baggs are good but ride like crap with no weight.


At most I should only need a #75 for starters. See you next reply spent two days changing a acura legend water pump. Strong crank bolts looks like oriely owes me money. I had to explain to the all tune guy my situation. He lended me a chrome impact socket. Put that steel waterpipe on the breaker bar CRRRRRRREEEEEAK POP OFF CAME THE BOLT LOL. Although im a mechanic i dont F with timing belts only timing chain like ford and chevy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
sc00ter
Member


Joined: 30 Mar 2008
Posts: 864
Location: Norfolk VA
19 Piaggio Liberty S, 98 Zuma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People change timing chains? Why? I used to drive the 80's era Toyota Van Wagons and all of them did around 350,000 miles before the body rusted away or the doors literally fell off and I was told to never change the timing chains. Interesting. We are Subaru people now and they are more involved maintenance wise than a 'yota. Again, have fun with the scooter. I have a lowered/Stage 1 kitted 03 Zuma 50cc sitting in the garage from offering to store it 3 winters ago. Owner told me to throw him a offer. Thing is super mint, very reliable, will run 47ish mph but I dont want to get sucked into another power struggle fight with the scooter club guys again. Everyone has to be faster than the next guy, the fun of simple custom "optic tuning" does not exist here anymore. If push comes to shove just put a common motor in the PGO Star, just dont wimp out and put a GY6 4 stroke in a 2t scooter, unless you go large and cram a liquid cooled 4t in a 2t scooter-that gets a pass! Your scoot, your dreams-make them come true!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
87PGOSTAR50GUY
Member


Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 108
Location: Seattle, WA
1987 PGO Star 49.2cc custom 1984 HONDA Aero NB-50 base.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sc00ter wrote:
People change timing chains? Why? I used to drive the 80's era Toyota Van Wagons and all of them did around 350,000 miles before the body rusted away or the doors literally fell off and I was told to never change the timing chains. Interesting. We are Subaru people now and they are more involved maintenance wise than a 'yota. Again, have fun with the scooter. I have a lowered/Stage 1 kitted 03 Zuma 50cc sitting in the garage from offering to store it 3 winters ago. Owner told me to throw him a offer. Thing is super mint, very reliable, will run 47ish mph but I dont want to get sucked into another power struggle fight with the scooter club guys again. Everyone has to be faster than the next guy, the fun of simple custom "optic tuning" does not exist here anymore. If push comes to shove just put a common motor in the PGO Star, just dont wimp out and put a GY6 4 stroke in a 2t scooter, unless you go large and cram a liquid cooled 4t in a 2t scooter-that gets a pass! Your scoot, your dreams-make them come true!



Yota out lives the competition but the bodies in the 80s did not usually from production year as they are bondo filled to hell but ride like a king. 4T is garbage takes to many mods, if I get endorsed I'd love stirring up race trouble with people in the scooter clubs like NFS racers. Would like to be the leader like a street outlaw on a beefy 50cc case. In the event of over beef I would do oversized bbk on heavy contra spring with light rollers more power high acceleration fairly low speed if I swap I'm saving my old case for a race build. Have it it professionally modified to fit a new cylinder build as I don't want to lean in Yamaha or Honda need 150cc through vespa with a small build head setup like the link showed in earlier post.


Photo attatched here


Last edited by 87PGOSTAR50GUY on Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:40 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
87PGOSTAR50GUY
Member


Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 108
Location: Seattle, WA
1987 PGO Star 49.2cc custom 1984 HONDA Aero NB-50 base.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sc00ter wrote:
People change timing chains? Why? I used to drive the 80's era Toyota Van Wagons and all of them did around 350,000 miles before the body rusted away or the doors literally fell off and I was told to never change the timing chains. Interesting. We are Subaru people now and they are more involved maintenance wise than a 'yota. Again, have fun with the scooter. I have a lowered/Stage 1 kitted 03 Zuma 50cc sitting in the garage from offering to store it 3 winters ago. Owner told me to throw him a offer. Thing is super mint, very reliable, will run 47ish mph but I dont want to get sucked into another power struggle fight with the scooter club guys again. Everyone has to be faster than the next guy, the fun of simple custom "optic tuning" does not exist here anymore. If push comes to shove just put a common motor in the PGO Star, just dont wimp out and put a GY6 4 stroke in a 2t scooter, unless you go large and cram a liquid cooled 4t in a 2t scooter-that gets a pass! Your scoot, your dreams-make them come true!



Omit old clone carb engine pic...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=999796693376665&set=pb.100000390318498.-2207520000.1453575482.&type=3&theater

Yota outlivea the competition but thw bodies in the 80s dont usually from production year they are bondo filled to hell but ride like a king. 4T is garbage takes to many mods, if I get endorsed I'd love stirring up race trouble with people in the buddy club like NFS racers. Would like to be the leader like a street outlaw on a beefy 50cc case. In the event of over beef I would do oversized bbk on heavy contra spring with light rollers more power high a celle ration fairly low speed if I swap I'm saving my old case for a race build. Have it it professionally modified to fit a new cylinder build as I don't want to lean in Yamaha or Honda need 150cc through vespa with a small build head setup like the link showed in earlier post.


Photo attatched . https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=982648048424863&set=pb.100000390318498.-2207520000.1453575219.&type=3&Eater
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
ScooterDave
Most Likely to Spontaneously Combust


Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 884
Location: 127.0.0.1
1969 Vespa Rally 180 among others

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

87PGOSTAR50GUY wrote:
If I recall correct my scoot was N* rigged when I got it used , 36 poilet jet and a 120 main on a shot antique carb with a bad enrichner the oil hose to one side from the tank was and did not fit on the rig.


You sir, are a complete and utter douchebag. You are going to want to pray you never meet me at a scooter rally.

_________________
http://www.facebook.com/davidclewis Facebook
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
87PGOSTAR50GUY
Member


Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 108
Location: Seattle, WA
1987 PGO Star 49.2cc custom 1984 HONDA Aero NB-50 base.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScooterDave wrote:
87PGOSTAR50GUY wrote:
If I recall correct my scoot was N* rigged when I got it used , 36 poilet jet and a 120 main on a shot antique carb with a bad enrichner the oil hose to one side from the tank was and did not fit on the rig.


You sir, are a complete and utter douchebag. You are going to want to pray you never meet me at a scooter rally.




Lol why, no need to get 2 stroke hyphy, I am just a driver and owner you got to build the baddest to screw the baddest. That's the objective. Not to be blowing others buzz the enemy is cars.


Last edited by 87PGOSTAR50GUY on Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
ScooterDave
Most Likely to Spontaneously Combust


Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 884
Location: 127.0.0.1
1969 Vespa Rally 180 among others

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

87PGOSTAR50GUY wrote:
ScooterDave wrote:
87PGOSTAR50GUY wrote:
If I recall correct my scoot was N* rigged when I got it used , 36 poilet jet and a 120 main on a shot antique carb with a bad enrichner the oil hose to one side from the tank was and did not fit on the rig.


You sir, are a complete and utter douchebag. You are going to want to pray you never meet me at a scooter rally.




Lol why, no need yo get 2 stroke hyphy. I am just a driver and owner you got to build the baddest to screw the baddest. That's the objective. Not to be blowing others buzz the enemy is cars.


That makes absolutely no sense. When you make the comment you did, I am going to call you out on it. You are a punk douchebag plain and simple. I think you have seen too many fast & furious movies.

Anytime you want to find out who is "the baddest", I am up for it.

_________________
http://www.facebook.com/davidclewis Facebook
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
87PGOSTAR50GUY
Member


Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 108
Location: Seattle, WA
1987 PGO Star 49.2cc custom 1984 HONDA Aero NB-50 base.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScooterDave wrote:
87PGOSTAR50GUY wrote:
ScooterDave wrote:
87PGOSTAR50GUY wrote:
If I recall correct my scoot was N* rigged when I got it used , 36 poilet jet and a 120 main on a shot antique carb with a bad enrichner the oil hose to one side from the tank was and did not fit on the rig.


You sir, are a complete and utter douchebag. You are going to want to pray you never meet me at a scooter rally.




Lol why, no need yo get 2 stroke hyphy. I am just a driver and owner you got to build the baddest to screw the baddest. That's the objective. Not to be blowing others buzz the enemy is cars.


That makes absolutely no sense. When you make the comment you did, I am going to call you out on it. You are a punk douchebag plain and simple. I think you have seen too many fast & furious movies.

Anytime you want to find out who is "the baddest", I am up for it.



I'm typing in the rain, at the end of the day i pay no attention to harrassers so quite frankly, this conversation is terminated do not bother responding only interested in others good thoughts. Ftf is just a referance everyone knows a 50cc 2 stroke can't go 140mph.

Don't make it a war because I flip cars for a living 1 car dead = $1k off the top and 1k = ass whipped. Considering carbs on a scoot can cost up to $500.00 + did you not read I have no intentions of building a race rig click in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
ScooterDave
Most Likely to Spontaneously Combust


Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 884
Location: 127.0.0.1
1969 Vespa Rally 180 among others

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

87PGOSTAR50GUY wrote:

I'm typing in the rain, at the end of the day i pay no attention to harrassers so quite frankly, this conversation is terminated do not bother responding only interested in others good thoughts. Ftf is just a referance everyone knows a 50cc 2 stroke can't go 140mph.

Don't make it a war because I flip cars for a living 1 car dead = $1k off the top and 1k = ass whipped. Considering carbs on a scoot can cost up to $500.00 + did you not read I have no intentions of building a race rig click in.


When you come on a forum that I have been a member of for 10 years and start making racist comments, I am going to call you out for what you are. A douchebag.

_________________
http://www.facebook.com/davidclewis Facebook
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
87PGOSTAR50GUY
Member


Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 108
Location: Seattle, WA
1987 PGO Star 49.2cc custom 1984 HONDA Aero NB-50 base.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScooterDave wrote:
87PGOSTAR50GUY wrote:

I'm typing in the rain, at the end of the day i pay no attention to harrassers so quite frankly, this conversation is terminated do not bother responding only interested in others good thoughts. Ftf is just a referance everyone knows a 50cc 2 stroke can't go 140mph.

Don't make it a war because I flip cars for a living 1 car dead = $1k off the top and 1k = ass whipped. Considering carbs on a scoot can cost up to $500.00 + did you not read I have no intentions of building a race rig click in.


When you come on a forum that I have been a member of for 10 years and start making racist comments, I am going to call you out for what you are. A douchebag.


Excuse me but you talking about ?! Your crazy bro you cant read and no one said nothing racist get your eyes checked niggah rigged is not racist lol jimmy rigg and niggah rigg are not obscene same definition im african american. Gosh just bye hahaha your white i can say niggah. I didnt say er i said ah means term of friendship in the black community. Idgaf about race my exes are of all races LOL



BTW I HAVE NO KIDS LITERALLY GOD KIDS ONLY:))

But I am married too I will say that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
87PGOSTAR50GUY
Member


Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 108
Location: Seattle, WA
1987 PGO Star 49.2cc custom 1984 HONDA Aero NB-50 base.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScooterDave wrote:
87PGOSTAR50GUY wrote:

I'm typing in the rain, at the end of the day i pay no attention to harrassers so quite frankly, this conversation is terminated do not bother responding only interested in others good thoughts. Ftf is just a referance everyone knows a 50cc 2 stroke can't go 140mph.

Don't make it a war because I flip cars for a living 1 car dead = $1k off the top and 1k = ass whipped. Considering carbs on a scoot can cost up to $500.00 + did you not read I have no intentions of building a race rig click in.


When you come on a forum that I have been a member of for 10 years and start making racist comments, I am going to call you out for what you are. A douchebag.




Thank you for BEING A "BLACK COMMUNITY DEFENDANT " much LOVE for you, your scooter, and your cause in life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
ericalm
Site Admin


Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Posts: 17637
Location: Los Angeles, CA
STELLA FOUR STROKE FURY! + Vespa LX 150/190 + '87 Honda Helix CN250

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good grief. Kind of saw this going this way. Locked.
_________________
Eric // Flickr group // LA Scooter Meetup Group // twitter: @scooterism // ScooterFile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

  Scootergear designed by riders for riders


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
All Content Copyright 2007-2011 by Modern Buddy. All Rights Reserved.