I locked my keys in my seat... I think....

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ahorsewithnoname

front cover solution

Post by ahorsewithnoname »

Cembee htlnt fshtr negca snaean, s.oh cs yve rrap uiegats eifho tehw te toatitnd pe tEc .htiuvir l,isee. hoaelh Rc wphr tolst h.o.

Greatgrandpop
BabelHammer wrote:Thanks for not posting this in the public area.
BeefSupreme

Post by BeefSupreme »

Can we get someone to remove the previous post.... someone apparently doesn't know what a PM is.
ahorsewithnoname

PM

Post by ahorsewithnoname »

There is nothing private for any posting under General Discussion. If any member of our, yes our, community desires a private discourse about any serious issue re Genuine Buddys, I suggest that we should joke around in "private". I took the subject line seriously that the original poster re lost keys was serious. I also take seriously the no flaming rule or criticism on this forum. If you have an issue with my post, let me know and I'll take my business else ware. Let's not be facetious and just come out and tell me what your real problem is with my post.
Greatgrandpop
Syd

Post by Syd »

The real problem with your post is that it provides anyone, not just the scooter's owner, an easy way into the under seat storage, where people tend to keep things they don't want lost.

Nobody's giving you crap, the community long ago came to agree that it was better to PM (Private Message) procedures like this rather than post them for the world to see.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
BeefSupreme

Post by BeefSupreme »

ditto
Syd

Re: front cover solution

Post by Syd »

ahorsewithnoname wrote:Cembee htlnt fshtr negca snaean, s.oh cs yve rrap uiegats eifho tehw te toatitnd pe tEc .htiuvir l,isee. hoaelh Rc wphr tolst h.o.

Greatgrandpop
BabelHammer wrote:Thanks for not posting this in the public area.
Please don't think getting hit with the BableHammer© is akin to banning (at least not in this case, I think). The same way you can get arrested if you have a slim jim in your pocket, we just don't like publishing methods to break into your Buddy.
tayla3421

Post by tayla3421 »

Ok so I need help getting my seat open as well... But not because I locked the keys in them (I lost my keys). Instead I locked my manual in the seat which if I understand correctly has the key number/code or whatever that is needed to order new keys from my understanding. If someone could send me a PM on how to accomplish this that would be wonderful. Or if someone could explain how to get new keys using the vin number or something that would be helpful as well...
Thanks
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

tayla3421 wrote:Ok so I need help getting my seat open as well... But not because I locked the keys in them (I lost my keys). Instead I locked my manual in the seat which if I understand correctly has the key number/code or whatever that is needed to order new keys from my understanding. If someone could send me a PM on how to accomplish this that would be wonderful. Or if someone could explain how to get new keys using the vin number or something that would be helpful as well...
Thanks
I know nothing about the ignition system of the Honda Metro if that is the scooter you reference. To my knowledge, however, there is nothing in the owners manual of a Buddy which would allow you to order replacement keys. The VIN won't do it either. After all, anyone can look at your VIN so no security there. Unless your scooter uses a different system - no keys means that you must buy a new ignition lock.
mojospapi

Key under the seat

Post by mojospapi »

I've been gone awhile. Back to the forum.

Just yesterday I was wondering about what if I lock my key under the seat, what to do?

Eric, can you send me a PM on what's the fix?

Thanks.
ames211

Locked keys in Buddy seat

Post by ames211 »

Hi,
Can anyone please message me how to unlock my seat? My husband accidentally locked the keys in it. We only have one key because we bought the scooter used. Thanks!
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Locked keys in Buddy seat

Post by jrsjr »

ames211 wrote:Hi,
Can anyone please message me how to unlock my seat? My husband accidentally locked the keys in it. We only have one key because we bought the scooter used. Thanks!
PM sent. Check your Inbox. Everybody else pls stand down. Thanks!
Stinkdyr

Post by Stinkdyr »

Why put your keys into the bucket to begin with?

:?
BeefSupreme

Re: Locked keys in Buddy seat

Post by BeefSupreme »

jrsjr wrote:
ames211 wrote:Hi,
PM sent. Check your Inbox. Everybody else pls stand down. Thanks!
karleyrempel

locked keys in seat :(

Post by karleyrempel »

Hi
I have the same issue. I know this post is older, but I'm having a difficult time getting under my seat after I locked my keys in my 2009 Honda metropolitan when trying to get at the dead battery. I'm a student (and just had foot surgery) so I really need my scooter in order to get to class.
I tried taking off the front, but I can't locate the silver cable to over the trunk
I hope you can help
Thanks
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: locked keys in seat :(

Post by ericalm »

karleyrempel wrote:Hi
I have the same issue. I know this post is older, but I'm having a difficult time getting under my seat after I locked my keys in my 2009 Honda metropolitan when trying to get at the dead battery. I'm a student (and just had foot surgery) so I really need my scooter in order to get to class.
I tried taking off the front, but I can't locate the silver cable to over the trunk
I hope you can help
Thanks
Sent you a PM.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
swells2012

Another locked seat help request

Post by swells2012 »

Hello--- my dad was keeping my scooter in storage, and we think he accidentally locked the keys underneath the seat! Could you please let me know the trick for getting the seat compartment open? THANKS!!!
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Ah, maybe everybody who has only one key for their scooter should go out and have a copy made - then put it someplace at home where they can find it when needed (perhaps make that 2 spares). I'll leave it to a Mod to PM instructions about breaking into Buddys.
KendraSue

Post by KendraSue »

hello. just got a new taotao vetas and i definitely hooked my keys (both sets) to my bag and threw my bag into the seat compartment and closed it up.

i was able to walk it to work, but it's here and it's got my phone and lunch and wallet in it....

i've read this thread, and i am one of those new accounts with one post, asking how to essentially break into a scooter, but you guys keep talking about some secret, easy way and if it means i don't have to call a locksmith, could someone please let me in on it?
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

The "secret" has to do with the way the seat latch on a Buddy works. I doubt a "taotao vetas" has an identical latch mechanism. I won't even ask why you had both keys on the same ring.
KendraSue

Post by KendraSue »

ah. sorry to bother you folks.
KendraSue

Post by KendraSue »

and it's because i, in no way, have it all figured out yet. no shame. it was a dumb move.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

And I wasn't trying to be a smart ass. I was trying to tell you that the "trick" for getting into a Buddy is not going to work on a scooter with a different seat latching mechanism. Alright, I did give you a hard time about keeping both keys on the same ring :wink: .
laurenism

Buddy Latch Mechanism

Post by laurenism »

Hi there -

I too have fallen victim to idiocy and locked my keys (and all of my OTHER keys with them for that matter) under my seat. After reading this thread it seems there is an easy way to pop the latch mechanism in the back?

Hoping someone can PM me and advise me of this method.

Thank you!
iwannascoot

Post by iwannascoot »

I would like to know this also. I almost locked my key under the seat yesterday while getting gas. As I was closing the seat I dropped my key and it fell outside the bucket instead of inside.

Billy
blizzo

Me too :(

Post by blizzo »

I also did this. Left them in my chain lock because I was in a hurry and distracted. I'm stranded until I get help. Can someone pm me the instructions?
djbokka

Desperate

Post by djbokka »

i, I'm a titled owner of a buddy and we've misplaced the keys. Typically, they wouldn't have been together but we're about to sell it and had them on the same ring. To be honest, I have no idea if they're actually in the seat. We just don't know where else to look. We've devoured our house. I've tried shaking it but I have gloves and a rain jacket in there that could dampen the sound.

I'm desperate at this point. My next option is calling the locksmith. My local dealer quoted me $250 to replace the ignition cylinder.

Would greatly appreciate it if you could help me out.
Syd

Re: Desperate

Post by Syd »

djbokka wrote:i, I'm a titled owner of a buddy and we've misplaced the keys. Typically, they wouldn't have been together but we're about to sell it and had them on the same ring. To be honest, I have no idea if they're actually in the seat. We just don't know where else to look. We've devoured our house. I've tried shaking it but I have gloves and a rain jacket in there that could dampen the sound.

I'm desperate at this point. My next option is calling the locksmith. My local dealer quoted me $250 to replace the ignition cylinder.

I can't help with opening your seat, but you avatar is creepy!
djbokka

Post by djbokka »

Syd wrote:
djbokka wrote:i, I'm a titled owner of a buddy and we've misplaced the keys. Typically, they wouldn't have been together but we're about to sell it and had them on the same ring. To be honest, I have no idea if they're actually in the seat. We just don't know where else to look. We've devoured our house. I've tried shaking it but I have gloves and a rain jacket in there that could dampen the sound.

Ha! That's fair. Some random google search years ago and it stuck.
djbokka

Post by djbokka »

Syd wrote:

djbokka

Post by djbokka »

Syd wrote:

TiyaLaRouX

Post by TiyaLaRouX »

Hello, I'm hoping that my keys are locked in the seat. Would like to check in there before I get the ignition switched, can someone please help me out with this "trick"