Buddy 50 won't start after a few hours of sitting

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

anton2g

Buddy 50 won't start after a few hours of sitting

Post by anton2g »

My Buddy is now consistently not electric starting after it has been sitting for over 10 hours. It doesn't start in the morning, and typically at the end of the day it will also not start. The very first time I try to start it, it will get so close but not go on its own, then if I try again the engine will turn over, but just barely. It is super easy to kick start it. If I come back an hour after I last turned it off from running, it will electric start easily too. The battery is new (6 months old) and I use a battery tender every month. Even right after charging the battery over night, the engine won't electric start. Does anyone have an idea of what the problem could be?
avescoots1134

Post by avescoots1134 »

Get your battery tested, it's most likely bad if it won't start right off the tender. It happens
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Agreed, battery and then a spark plug and you should be good.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Mbates50

Post by Mbates50 »

I have the same issue with my 125. However my battery is about 5 years old. Bought one online for $27 including shipping vs $60 from a local cycle supply house. Will report what happens.
"Put the top down. What could possibly go wrong?"
-JFK-
Mbates50

Post by Mbates50 »

Battery came, wrong one. However, I did change the the battery tender to the alligator clips and all is well. Same battery as before
"Put the top down. What could possibly go wrong?"
-JFK-