Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who uses cruise control?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
Argee

Buddy 170i

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:48 pm    Post subject: Who uses cruise control? Reply with quote

Looking for opinions, anyone use a Go Cruise or some-such, for longer highway rides? What works well, what size did you get?
Snap

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a search for throttle rocker.

Not exactly cruise control but it certainly does take the pain out of the hand on long periods of gripping.

Careful before you get used to it or you might experience "unintended acceleration".
DeeDee

buddy 170i

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed these on my Yamaha c3. I have a set of soft aftermarket grips that were just about worn out. These were such a tight fit that they now lock my throttle in place wherever I leave it. The spring return is not strong enough to spring the throttle back to idle. I absolutely love it. I have a cruise control at whatever speed I want. Don't know if I would want my throttle stuck wide open on my 170i, but for my 50cc Yamaha it is great.

Grab On Grips Grip Cover

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00230P2E4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

I use one of these on my 170i for longer rides. It's a bit awkward for stop and go travel. It does take a bit to get used to, but it is great for long rides:

Throttle Paddle cruise control lever cramp

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Throttle-Paddle-cruise-control-lever-cramp-grip-lock-standard-rocker-new-buster-/201433866930?hash=item2ee664e2b2:g:T40AAOSwHnFV04GM&vxp=mtr
Argee

Buddy 170i

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:36 am    Post subject: found a cheap throttle assist Reply with quote

Bwa-ha! just tried this giant zip-tie idea I found on the internet, seems to work good so far.
sc00ter

19 Piaggio Liberty S, 98 Zuma

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jam a toothpick between the grip flange and switch assembly. Old school, simple and cheap. Thats what I used for my Helix when I did highway trips back in the day. Current bike has cruise control from the factory.
DeeDee

buddy 170i

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: found a cheap throttle assist Reply with quote

Argee wrote:
Bwa-ha! just tried this giant zip-tie idea I found on the internet, seems to work good so far.

You just ratchet down the zip tie, and it holds your throttle in place where you leave it?

I'm doing that tomorrow!
iamryan25

2013 Genuine Buddy 125cc (Red)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: found a cheap throttle assist Reply with quote

DeeDee wrote:
Argee wrote:

You just ratchet down the zip tie, and it holds your throttle in place where you leave it?

I'm doing that tomorrow!

I think the zip tie is their for leverage - maybe face it the opposite direction so your palm can press against it.

Careful zipping your grip down too hard -- that sounds dangerous.

hewl35

Mine is 2015 Hooligan & Hers 2015 Buddy 170 for wife

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Who uses cruise control? Reply with quote

Argee wrote:
Looking for opinions, anyone use a Go Cruise or some-such, for longer highway rides? What works well, what size did you get?

A friend uses an O ring between the outside of the flared end of the grip and the switch assembly. Puts just a slight drag on the throttle.
ericalm
Site Admin

STELLA FOUR STROKE FURY! + Vespa LX 150/190 + '87 Honda Helix CN250

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'ma fan of the throttle rockers. Cheap and useful. The GoCruise seems interesting, but I'd want to see more feedback from users before changing to something like that.
PeteH

'09 Italia 150, '80 P200E

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lever doodad is one thing, since if you let go, the throttle still springs closed, but adding friction with a tension zip-tie, O-ring, etc., strikes me as kinda dangerous.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: