StellaAuto fuel pump project

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

avescoots1134

StellaAuto fuel pump project

Post by avescoots1134 »

The day has come! I have been thrown a StellaAuto and have been told "make it work right".

The first and main project is replacing the weird return-style vacuum operated fuel pump. If you own a StellaAuto you may know that after a few days they typically become hard to start. The fuel pump loses it's prime and without an electric fuel pump to re-prime the system, it takes a bit of cranking to get fuel back up to the carb. Annoying and not confidence inspiring. Especially if your battery is a little flat.

The plan is to try out a simpler non-return Mikuni DF44 fuel pump. In preparation to "make it work right", I have pulled the body to inspect and clean up the wiring and redesign the fuel system. If you've wondered about the subframe - here's what it looks like!

OCStella

Post by OCStella »

While your're poking around in there, can you tell me where the turn signal flasher is. I have a feeling that it's under the horn cowl. But tell me if you find it under the rear chassie. I want to to a LCD mod, but need to find that flasher first.

Thanks much, great photos. Rob.
avescoots1134

Post by avescoots1134 »

Will do. Part of ripping this thing apart is to make a detailed list of where everything exactly is and how to get to it. The StellaAuto service manual is pretty awful.

I realized that some of the warranties may be expiring... but that doesn't make them vanish into thin air. They'll still be around to haunt me :lol: