St. Maarten/ Sint Martens Rental Scooters

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

RoaringTodd

St. Maarten/ Sint Martens Rental Scooters

Post by RoaringTodd »

Greetings Buddyland - next week the wife and I are headed to St Martin's island for a week long vacation.

I wanted to check in with you guys and see if any of you had experience renting scooters on the island, and any tips on scootering around.

The island itself is only 37 square miles. I'm not sure how long it would take me to go around the island. Does seem quite larger than I am thinking since we will be watching 747's land on Maho beach.

Cheers.
RT
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

We did in St Marteen. its a great ride, but prior riders have ruined the locals. Be polite and you won't have a problem. You'll find a fleet of chinese or honda bikes mostly.

Let them know in advance you ride normally, and that you want to explore the island that way.
walke2jd
In Time Out

Post by walke2jd »

Ill be in St Martin in December, so definitely come back with an update if you decide to rent there.

I rented a GTS 300 in Italy last spring and had a blast exploring Rome and Tuscany. I'm thinking scooter rentals might need to be a staple in my travels going forward.