Buddy Fell Over :/

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

sedakid1

Buddy Fell Over :/

Post by sedakid1 »

So, I was driving my buddy down,helmet on, making right turn, and another car was making a wide right turn. We couldn't see each other coming due to a truck-bed, but I saw the car at the last second, and turned my handles hard, to take the fall instead of crashing. I was on a ramp, so my scooter was a little more and horizontal and gasoline was spilling all down the ramp, and on me. -_-
BUT! I'm fine, and as a precaution, I haven't turned it on since. But any suggestion on how to approach it, what could happen if i turn it on. When it was upright, nothing looked scraped or beat up, so it's lucky I broke the fall.
Thoughts?
casechopper

Post by casechopper »

How did the gasoline end up leaking out? Was the lid on tight? Give it a couple hours to air out and make sure there isn't any liquid gasoline on yourself or the outside of the scooter. Then start it up in an open area.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Glad you're okay!

It won't blow up or anything. There are a couple places gas can get into and out of. But if it's been sitting upright for a while, you should be good to try to start it.

Start it up, let it idle for a while. If it stalls, you may have caused a vapor/vacuum lock by clogging the air system with gas. This will often work itself out if you run it, rev the gas a few times.

The other possibility is oil or gas flooding the air filter. This can be removed and cleaned or replaced.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…