Missing Nut

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ModernMike

Missing Nut

Post by ModernMike »

So, I was trailering in my scooters home recently and when I arrived I noticed the nut holding the mirror on my Cuppini window add was missing. Unfortunately, it was the left hand thread.

Anyone know of a source for a left hand threaded metric nut for the Cuppini windscreen?
2014 Buddy 170i (2) One for GF
2012 BMW R1200RT
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

Have you tried looking at your local hardware store? In my area the Ace Hardware and Tru-Value have a huge arrays of nuts and bolts, better than Home Depot or Menards. It's at least worth a try.
Syd

Post by Syd »

^^ Agreed, the bolt bin at Ace Hardware is great. Another good source, I hear, is Fastenal - which started in Winona, MN - so I'd wager there is a store near you.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
tiii

Post by tiii »

So, are the right mirrors on Genuines reverse threaded? I took a cuppini windscreen off my Blackjack and thought the mounting bolts were rh thread...
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

See this thread... they got it all!

viewtopic.php?t=28446&highlight=
ModernMike

Post by ModernMike »

Thanks for all the tips. Ace and Tru-Value had some left hand thread, but not in metric. I will try some of the other suggestions in this thread.
2012 BMW R1200RT
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

Great - best of luck. Maybe a different market will yield different results. Fastenal is a vendor of ours and they are one of two that offered to have them made (outside the US) in bulk, close to $11 each. Nothing else local carried metric reverse threads.
ModernMike

Post by ModernMike »

I ordered 4 nuts through BelMetric.com. $17 including shipping :shock:
2012 BMW R1200RT
MYSCTR

Got Four Nuts

Post by MYSCTR »

That is awesome - they just might pick up some biz from several Buddy riders. Great selection & quick service.
BeefSupreme

Post by BeefSupreme »

I've had some luck before getting some odd sized machine thread bolts that I couldn't find at Lowes/HomeDepot at ORiley Auto a few times... may be worth giving them a shot.
ModernMike

Post by ModernMike »

ModernMike wrote:I ordered 4 nuts through BelMetric.com. $17 including shipping :shock:
I'm happy to report that my order was waiting in the mailbox yesterday. The nut fit perfectly. I ordered 4 and have set aside the extras with some stainless steel washers and lock washers.

BelMetric had what I needed and did a fine job getting it to me quickly. I recommend.
2012 BMW R1200RT