I got what I wanted for Christmas!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

I got what I wanted for Christmas!

Post by jrsjr »

Well, that's what I said I wanted... :roll:
Attachments
Gas Christmas 2011 Small.jpg
Gas Christmas 2011 Small.jpg (73.47 KiB) Viewed 1991 times
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Sweet!. I hope it lasts !
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

The price of diesel you mean? Well, it could come down a bit more :wink: .
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Well, after last Christmas' solve-the-puzzle-win-the-item, this year my wife handed me a fistful of letters, and said it made five words. After several interesting false starts involving Taco Bell, it looks like she wants me to get a little retro. Thanks, honey!

Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

That's a clever way of telling someone what you got them, very neat.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Yeah. Thats a pretty cool idea. I may use that someday.
LunaP

Re: I got what I wanted for Christmas!

Post by LunaP »

jrsjr wrote:Well, that's what I said I wanted... :roll:
:rofl: My station in the West End had regular for 2.99 also- that was what it was when I closed the store Xmas Day. When I went in at 3pm the next day, it was back up to 3.06 ... so much for that!! :roll:

I gave Lokky this Vespa wallet and he damn near burst into shiny rainbows of joy. :shock:

My family got me an awesome Black and Decker air station for inflating scooter tires and air mattresses and floats. :D

I also opened a little giftwrapped box to find a piece of paper with a printed shopping cart showing a purchased Firstgear Kilimanjaro jacket in the size I needed and color I had wanted. HOWEVER- mom couldn't tell me who she ordered it through. She told me it was supposed to be delivered today, but it didn't arrive, so she checked the status and the order apparently still says 'awaiting fulfillment'... I harbor fear she ordered through a no-name site that said they had it, didn't and she will now have to call and get it refunded and it will take 14 business days blah blah. I should have told her about Revzilla. :fp:

All in all, a very scooter-happy Christmas indeed!!!

EDIT to fix a link
Last edited by LunaP on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Less than $3.00 a gallon gas!!
WOW, never thought I'd see that again!
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Ah, come to St. Louie. We ain't got much in the way of canyons or twisties or scenic ocean panoramae, but gas is $2.92 this morning.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
Lotrat

Post by Lotrat »

Geez, still at $3.69 out here. :x
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

PeteH wrote:Ah, come to St. Louie. We ain't got much in the way of canyons or twisties or scenic ocean panoramae, but gas is $2.92 this morning.
South central Pennsylvania has none of those either, and gas was about $3.26 last I looked (2 or 3 days ago)
Hmmmm..........St Lou has an old friend I should visit........
Nullius in verba
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

I got exactly what I wanted and deserved! Coal from the wife and a roll of bubble wrap from Mom.
thumbuddy

Post by thumbuddy »

I got a Sito+ exhaust for my 09 Stella. Now I'm struggling with whether or not I'm going to put it on and re jet. Stella is running well and I don't want to mess it up.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

thumbuddy wrote:I got a Sito+ exhaust for my 09 Stella. Now I'm struggling with whether or not I'm going to put it on and re jet. Stella is running well and I don't want to mess it up.
DO IT...Just order the jets from scooter works or your local scootershop and you will enjoy the extra oomph!...It is a bit louder FYI...
Syd

Post by Syd »

Then Big Oil got what it wanted two weeks later. :cry:
The majority is always sane - Nessus
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Well, three years later, I got what I said I wanted, again. I just hope there isn't some horrible hidden bad news for the economy. :?
Attachments
East Coast Gas Price 2.JPG
East Coast Gas Price 2.JPG (58.17 KiB) Viewed 1692 times
luckyscroller788

Post by luckyscroller788 »

$1.91 a gallon here credit/debit, or cash $1.84 . Its only about a buck to much now!!!
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

luckyscroller788 wrote:$1.91 a gallon here credit/debit, or cash $1.84 . Its only about a buck to much now!!!
You do realize this is likely to cause another downturn in the scooter biz, and we will lose some more dealers. Just sayin' :wink: .
luckyscroller788

Post by luckyscroller788 »

Dooglas wrote:
luckyscroller788 wrote:$1.91 a gallon here credit/debit, or cash $1.84 . Its only about a buck to much now!!!
You do realize this is likely to cause another downturn in the scooter biz, and we will lose some more dealers. Just sayin' :wink: .
That's a risk I'm willing to accept. Jus' sayin' :whew:
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Dooglas wrote:
I hope not! :shock: But I guess there's a reason why my dealer is now Triumph Richmond and Scoot Richmond.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Dooglas wrote:
Nah. It's not like prices had been so high that sales were spiking, causing a massive ramp up in production and dealer orders right before gas prices dropped for several months and the economy bombed resulting in a credit crisis and drop in most households' disposable income that precipitated an immediate and dramatic drop in sales, leaving dealers stuck with more stock than ever, no sales, and compounding flooring costs — high, dry, and deep in debt.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Syd

Post by Syd »

ericalm wrote:
Dooglas wrote:
Nah. It's not like prices had been so high that sales were spiking, causing a massive ramp up in production and dealer orders right before gas prices dropped for several months and the economy bombed resulting in a credit crisis and drop in most households' disposable income that precipitated an immediate and dramatic drop in sales, leaving dealers stuck with more stock than ever, no sales, and compounding flooring costs — high, dry, and deep in debt.
Take a breath, Eric! :rofl:
The majority is always sane - Nessus
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

ericalm wrote:
Dooglas wrote:
The Perfect Storm of '08 in one very small nutshell... :shock:
TVB

Post by TVB »

Yesterday I saw gas at $1.789/gallon. Last night and this morning, the same station was selling it for $2.089/gallon.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

This is a nice way to pull up a three year old thread. I never thought we'd see sub $3.00/gal gas again, especially when we were seeing it over $4.00 and better.

Yesterday here in South Central Pennsylvania I saw $2.34/gal. Again, I don't for see it going much lower as the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania levies one of the highest per gallon taxes in the North East.
Prove me wrong, please.....
Nullius in verba
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

I found this calculator on the internet. The price of a barrel of oil fell through $50 to $48 today. I put that in the calculator and here is the result.
Attachments
Oil Price - Gas Price.JPG
Oil Price - Gas Price.JPG (39.55 KiB) Viewed 1624 times
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

jrsjr wrote:I found this calculator on the internet. The price of a barrel of oil fell through $50 to $48 today. I put that in the calculator and here is the result.
In early 2008, when I felt that oil prices were rising because they were being manipulated by short-term interests, I used that knowledge as leverage to negotiate a stinking deal on a vehicle I wanted which was, ahem, not the most fuel-efficient vehicle in the stable. I was betting that gas prices would come back down hard, and they did.

Now, we have the exact opposite situation. Gas prices are being collapsed by, ahem, let's call it a panic exacerbated by the withdrawal of short-term interests. Which means that this won't last. Which means that now would be the right time to leverage that knowledge to get a deal on that (normally overpriced) fuel-efficient vehicle of your dreams. Sorry, this only applies to 4-wheeled vehicles, 2-wheelers operate according to an entirely different set of rules. However, if you're sitting on the down payment for a Toyota Prius, now might be the time to see if you can get a substantial discount on the "hybrid premium." Just a thought...
TVB

Post by TVB »

jrsjr wrote:I found this calculator on the internet. The price of a barrel of oil fell through $50 to $48 today. I put that in the calculator and here is the result.
I wouldn't count on that figure become the new standard. Lots of state legislators have been looking at the current price, and figuring that now would be a good time to nudge the state fuel tax up a notch, figuring that a public that's accustomed to paying over $3/gallon can afford another nickel or dime per gallon.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

TVB wrote:
I wouldn't count on that figure become the new standard. Lots of state legislators have been looking at the current price, and figuring that now would be a good time to nudge the state fuel tax up a notch, figuring that a public that's accustomed to paying over $3/gallon can afford another nickel or dime per gallon.
And they are meeting intense resistance from folks who know that gas prices will head back up, probably sooner than later. :wink:
Wild Handyman

Post by Wild Handyman »

Now would be a good time to start thinking about voting out ANY legislator who would even consider raising ANY taxes, especially gas taxes. Thinking is good!
TVB

Post by TVB »

We try to keep this forum a politics-free zone.
Tenchi

$2.34 up here in Chico....

Post by Tenchi »

Costco, though some local stations are matching their prices if you pay cash. Dang, a $4 buck fill-up. Hate to break a $20 over that... :lol:
The worst day of retirement beats the best day working....
KrispyKreme

Post by KrispyKreme »

Saudi Arabia is squeezing Russia. They are producing so much it is killing Russia. Russia's economy is about 80 percent oil/gas. It might be about the Ukraine fiasco, or a few things we have no knowledge of.

Sorry to break the rule. No religion. No politics.