How much do new 125 Buddy's cost

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Don in Pa

How much do new 125 Buddy's cost

Post by Don in Pa »

I see on Pittsburg,Pa craigslist there is 2 new 125 buddys(leftovers with extras and 2 yr warranty) asking $2250 each. I think I paid much more than that for my 2 06's when they were new. Sorry I don't knowhow to post a link for them, Don
viney266

Post by viney266 »

new buddies are $2,695. BUT that doesn't include inbound freight, set-up and tax. Some dealers charge reasonable fees for these things, and some are sky high. Either way 2250 is very cheap for a new buddy. That is called winter and the dealer needs some cash :)
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
skipper20

Re: How much do new 125 Buddy's cost

Post by skipper20 »

Don in Pa wrote:I see on Pittsburg,Pa craigslist there is 2 new 125 buddys(leftovers with extras and 2 yr warranty) asking $2250 each. I think I paid much more than that for my 2 06's when they were new. Sorry I don't knowhow to post a link for them, Don
You've already answered your own question. In Pittsburg anyway, the asking price for a new one is $2250 + you get the Genuine 2 year warranty and "extras" whatever that means. Why wait? Hurry on down and grab one before they're gone!
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

As viney266 observes, it is common for dealers to quote scooter prices before transport fees, set up fees, sales tax, title and license fees, etc. In other words, the "out the door" cost could be substantially higher than $2250. Even so, $450 below MSRP would still be a good discount.
TVB

Post by TVB »

The cost of those not-included-in-the-price fees and taxes can vary substantially from place to place, so it doesn't make sense for the manufacturer to include them in the list price. Also, dealers' expenses can vary a lot, depending on the local labor and real estate prices. It would be nice if more scooter dealers (as well as car dealers [grumble]) would advertise "out the door" prices instead, but ... they don't.
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

I think this is what Don is referring to: http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/4809247513.html Might be a deal here!
Syd

Post by Syd »

Dage'sVew wrote:I think this is what Don is referring to: http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/4809247513.html Might be a deal here!
If that's so I wonder if the paperwork would be handled by the closing shop or would be left to the buyer?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Don in Pa

Post by Don in Pa »

Thanks Dage'sView for posting the link. I thought if anyone in the tri-state area was looking for a new Buddy that these may be a good deal and from the looks of the situation there may not even be any "fees" involved.
skipper20

Post by skipper20 »

Dage'sVew wrote:I think this is what Don is referring to: http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/4809247513.html Might be a deal here!
For sure it's a deal especially with the top cases and windshields as the "extras". Note also that $2,250 is the "asking" price and it's a distress sale - seller is helping out the daughters of the late owner. If I lived in PA I'd be on this in a flash while you guys are just talking about it.

Bill in Seattle
skipper20

Post by skipper20 »

For sure it's a deal especially with the top cases and windshields as the "extras". Note also that $2,250 is the "asking" price and it's a distress sale - seller is helping out the daughters of the late owner. If I lived in PA I'd be on this in a flash while you guys are just talking about it.

Bill in Seattle
skipper20

Post by skipper20 »

Bill in Seattle
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

Whatever the reason - they are priced to move. Someone is going to pick up an incredible scooter for a steal of a deal. When you consider the windshield, rear rack and top case… serious seller! This rivals a few of the sweet deals we have gotten on our past scooters!