GoGo Gear leggings and colorful hoodies

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ravenlore

GoGo Gear leggings and colorful hoodies

Post by ravenlore »

(I am not a paid shill. I AM however a grateful customer because GoGo Gear is the ONLY gear merchandiser to produce their wares in US 26/28. So i'll give them a shoutout occasionally)

GoGo Gear has pre-orders open for their new armored Kevlar leggings AND a limited run of their armored Kevlar hoodies in a few non-black colors!

(the leggings are a BIG DEAL to me because i want SO much to wear skirts on the scoot but I just can't bring myself to do so. That'll change next year :-D
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Nnnnnnnngh
I broke out the credit card XD
craftynerd

Post by craftynerd »

The price on those leggings is killing me, but skirts... on scooters... without worrying about destroyed legs... If I hadn't just spent $850 towards the worthy cause of getting my old Metropolitan back I'd jump right on those leggings. XD
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

craftynerd wrote:The price on those leggings is killing me, but skirts... on scooters... without worrying about destroyed legs... If I hadn't just spent $850 towards the worthy cause of getting my old Metropolitan back I'd jump right on those leggings. XD
There will be another batch of them made in 2015... unlike the colored hoodies, the leggings aren't limited time.

I have been searching high and low for something that will fit me to wear on my lower half. Women's kevlar jeans are just as expensive, but don't come in my size... men's sizes would fit the waist but would be even longer on me than a women's size, being that I am short and stout. and MC pants? Hahahaha not happening for me. I find the leggings are likely a perfect option for me, and at about the same price as a good pair of kevlar jeans.

TL:DR
I'm so fricking excited, y'all.
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

LunaP wrote:

TL:DR
I'm so fricking excited, y'all.

As am I. But you had probably figured that out already.

(seriously, i'm trying on boots next week specifically to wear with skirts and these leggings.)
snoozy

Post by snoozy »

I ordered my leggings. I wonder how I'll look with armoured knees walking around the grocery store...
KrispyKreme

Post by KrispyKreme »

I think I'll skip the leggings but the Kevlar hoodie sounds like a cool idea. Does anybody have any feedback on their products? They aren't cheap but nothing that is good is.

Edit-Oh yeah, welcome back LunaP! Good to see ya back in the saddle. 8)
snoozy

Post by snoozy »

I have a hoodie and I really like it. I feel a lot better wearing something with armour than without, and it is very good quality. It was only available in black at the time, so I wear a hi-viz dayglo vest that I got at Home Depot when I ride. Without the day glo vest, I look pretty hip in it, for an old lady :wink: It is a bit long, but also the bottom band has strong elastic, so I fold it up inside so that it sits at my waist and flares out at the hip. (I don't know if that is clear...) Anyway, knowing that Go Go makes good quality stuff, I know that the leggings will be well made.
KrispyKreme

Post by KrispyKreme »

snoozy wrote:I have a hoodie and I really like it. I feel a lot better wearing something with armour than without, and it is very good quality. It was only available in black at the time, so I wear a hi-viz dayglo vest that I got at Home Depot when I ride. Without the day glo vest, I look pretty hip in it, for an old lady :wink: It is a bit long, but also the bottom band has strong elastic, so I fold it up inside so that it sits at my waist and flares out at the hip. (I don't know if that is clear...) Anyway, knowing that Go Go makes good quality stuff, I know that the leggings will be well made.

As usual.....<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aDBydo01f60?list=RDRdF2zb3KjZE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

KrispyKreme wrote:I think I'll skip the leggings but the Kevlar hoodie sounds like a cool idea. Does anybody have any feedback on their products? They aren't cheap but nothing that is good is.

I quite like my 'hoodie' feels great on it's own however sometimes it feels as the back armor pulls the whole thing down in the back. Yes, black was the only color available when I got mine, a HiViz vest while riding works (I hope) so I'm seen. It doesn't scream 'riding gear' when off the scoot and is perfect for layering under another coat or whatever without sacrificing having the necessary protection.
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
TVB

Post by TVB »

KrispyKreme wrote:I think I'll skip the leggings but the Kevlar hoodie sounds like a cool idea. Does anybody have any feedback on their products? They aren't cheap but nothing that is good is.
I grabbed one of the black hoodies when they were on sale a year or so ago. It's definitely a quality piece of clothing: nice heavy fabric, which provides more wind protection than I expected from a cloth jacket. It fits more snugly overall than a regular hoodie (not because I got the wrong size), which serves to keep the arm and shoulder armor in position. The zippers on the pockets are a thoughtful touch, so you can be sure things won't fall out on the road. I would've preferred a different color, to be less invisible at night, so now would be a good time to get one.
snoozy

Post by snoozy »

KrispyKreme wrote:As usual.....<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aDBydo01f60?list=RDRdF2zb3KjZE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Umm...is there a connection at all to my post or this discussion? :?
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

snoozy wrote:I ordered my leggings. I wonder how I'll look with armoured knees walking around the grocery store...
Awesome is the answer to that question.

Thanks!
I'll only be echoing what others have said, but I have the black hoodie (soon it will be my patch jacket) and I love it. It's a great piece of gear suitable for nearly all weather (windy and less that 50 might give you a stern chill, but that will happen with anything that isn't windproof) because you can easily douse it in some nikwax and have it mostly waterproof if need be.
It isn't just the armor, but the material itself actually feels sturdy when you put it on. It's unisex, so if you want to layer underneath order a size up. The only problem I have is that I don't feel the sizes are truly unisex, I feel like they are guy-cut... it's much tighter across my hips than my chest and sometimes rides up (so I ordered my pink one one size bigger). That's also because the elastic is serious business, which in most situations is a good thing.
All in all, I'd recommend it to anybody.
KrispyKreme

Post by KrispyKreme »

This one Luna.

I'll do this. The people.
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

very late to the party, but i'll second or third or fourth what's already been said.

i &#61185;bigfuzzyheart my gogo hoodie. it's warm enough to not need layers down to about 50, and tolerable with vents unzipped up to 75, maybe even 80. it's soft and cuddly like a good hoodie should be. yeah, it's really more a guy's fit...but it's the only guy's jacket that i've ever even been able to wear, so maybe that does count as unisex, you know? (also, all the armor fits exactly where it should on me, which makes it really extra comfortable)